M1 Accident 24a-25

Stuck in this accident for the last two hours and it amazes me the amount of people go walkabout. There is a woman near me who is letting her toddler run around on the carriageway. People are walking up the central reserve and disappearing to I dont know where. Also people moaning about the delays! I think people have been killed here, I know what position I would rather be in. Hope the injuries are not too bad.

just watching this right now on the local news - massive tailbacks but no-one seriously hurt according to police on the scene - rigid truck went through central barrier and ended up on opposite embankment after colliding with other vehicles

thisisnottingham.co.uk/displ … eId=133951

eccleshall driver:
LINK TO INFO BELOW

CRASH CLOSES M1 IN BOTH DIRECTIONS

The M1 is closed in both directions between junctions 24 and 25 after a lorry ploughed through the central reservation this morning.

Three people were taken to hospital suffering from minor injuries after the collision, which happened at 11.25am. No one was seriously hurt.

The road was expected to be shut until mid-afternoon.

It was the second accident of the day on the motorway.

Five cars and a lorry were involved in an accident close to the Leicester Forest East service station at about 8am.

A 32-year-old man was arrested in connection with the crash, which caused severe delays for thousands of motorists. It is not clear which vehicle he was driving.

Both lanes of the M1 were shut and the road reopened at 9.40am - although huge tailbacks were still being reported hours later.

The accident was on the southbound carriageway, between junctions 21 and 22. Firefighters had to cut people out of two of the vehicles - a white Renault Clio and a blue Peugeot.

The air ambulance landed on the motorway and airlifted one woman, thought to be the driver of the Clio, to Coventry and Walsgrave Hospital.

She was described as having “severe, but not life-threatening” injuries. Witnesses described seeing firefighters racing to free the woman, who was unconscious.

as a parent chris same as you and everybody else on here, if stuck sationary for 2hours i would have the kids out for a walk as they would be doing my head with eye spy and whatever else, so a walk up and down would get them out and stretch thier legs. :wink:

Hi everyone, there was actually 2 accidents on the M1 today… The one early this morning involved 6 vehicles and a man was arrested for drink driving. Hubby and I saw the results of the delays as traffic was being diverted around Derby. Look out for us in the Bentons truck and give us a flash. LOL

how do u know why he was arrested :question: or is it a guess

We know he was arrested cos it ses so in the local paper

leicestermercury.co.uk/displ … K=21050283

but how do you know WHY he was arrested

Definately here

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leic … 497033.stm

Who was the DSS driver that I so kindly let out near Swarkestone Bridge? :wink:

Will you blokes who drive big trucks stop knocking the wall over on the causeway, you shouldnt even be down that way.

jessicas dad:
as a parent chris same as you and everybody else on here, if stuck sationary for 2hours i would have the kids out for a walk as they would be doing my head with eye spy and whatever else, so a walk up and down would get them out and stretch thier legs. :wink:

She was well away from her car though. Can understand the toddler getting twisty, mine is 16 now and is the same :laughing: But as she walked past me I told her the front of the queue was moving (my mate was southbound stuck on the other carriageway and on the phone telling me). She went back to the car and when the traffic started moving proceeded to block lane 3 whilst she put the toddler back in its baby seat in the back!!

Pleased to see no fatalities, the brick wagon southbound which was jacknifed looked in a bad way.