For anyone driving in South Yorkshire today

Police advise drivers to avoid the whole of South Yorkshire today.

A serious accident has closed the A1(M) between Blythe (junc 34) and the M18, traffic is reported to be very congested as vehicles heading south leave the A1(M) and join the M18 through the roadworks to get around it.

An overturned lorry is blocking 2 lanes northbound on the M1 between junc 35 & 35a.

The M1 is closed in both directions between juncs 36 (Birdwell) and 37 (Barnsley) because a body was found lying on the motorway early this morning.

Barnsley is extremely congested due to traffic being diverted around the above mentioned incident.

Doncaster is congested (mainly York Road, between Gray & Adams - near Barnsley Road - and Church Way) due to traffic short cutting through the town to avoid the A1 problems.

An accident on the M180 between J1 & 2 also caused problems, but the vehicle has been moved to the hard shoulder.

Source BBC News.

Sounds just like yesterday then!

Glad I’m at home today!

M1 closed due to a dead body as well

Already mentioned mate :slight_smile: 4th bit down.

pretty disgusting really early hours a bloke fell off :question: :question: :question: that great big walkway bridge at barnsley and got run over by 8 vehicles including cars and lorrys…

how do they it was a man …

because they found his knackers hanging off the central reservation barriers.

knackers on central res■■?

bad rumours spread fast dont they?

running out of Wilkos at worksop today
I was heading for chaos central Barnsley starting at 8am, I`d heard about the M1 incident so decided to head via the A1 / A635 on the advice of the Baldy bloke on the desk who allowcated the work, I set off at 8:20am only to run into the incident on the A1 within seconds of it happening (not a nice sight) 7 1/2 hrs I was stuck on the A1.

[RANT mode on] after regularly (hourly) keeping wilkos informed of my situation, I recieved a phone call from my agency stating that wilkos had informed them (the agy) that they (wilkos) would not be needing my services for the rest of the week due to my ignoring their instructions NOT to go via the A1 to barnsley, denying ANYONE had advised me to take the A1 route which leaves me without work for the rest of the week
so peeps wadda you think have I been stitched up like a kipper■■? [RANT mode off]

Punch the transport manager and rob a week’s wage’s off him .

paul@midway:
Punch the transport manager and rob a week’s wage’s off him .

nice idea :laughing:
but after chatting to several ex - employees of wilkos who where also stuck in the traffic yesturday the various words used inc organise, beer, brewery, [zb], cant and [zb]. so Ill save my efforts and take the rest of the week off and de-stress catching up on some TV and sofa time in front of a coal fire

you may well be right :wink: but they still had to go …Denis F

Transport office at Wilkos :angry: :angry:

4 days there was enough for me. Never again.

peirre:
so peeps wadda you think have I been stitched up like a kipper■■? [RANT mode off]

Definately! Which way did they expect you to go, considering every road in the area was gridlocked?

Blame culture …Obviously no-one in the transport office was stupid enough to send driver’s in that direction .
Beggars beleif isn’t it . Police advise that people stay away as it is mayhem . Transport manager’s continue to send driver’s into it all further clogging the road’s and creating non productive use of the vehicle .

OOHH but we have to try and get a vehicle through … :unamused:
Helicopter maybe ! truck no !

Really ■■■■■■ me off that . A few year’s back we had 4 driver’s stuck on the A14 and M11 in the snow . Manager decide’s to carry on sending the other vehicle’s in that direction , mine being one of them . Despite radio warning’s of DONT HEAD EAST ,and a discussion with us it was decided we should go :unamused: So off we toddled in convoy , radio warning’s all the way there , phoneing each other to take turn’s at phoneing the manager up :laughing: . Got to godmanchester and spent the next 8 hour’s there . All of us did 15 hour’s to get to godmanchester and back ( from east mids airport) made no deliveries at all …

ive heard the body on the M1 is now being treated as a murder. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And when the M1 was finally re-opend, it was promptly re-closed. Why? cos a foreigner couldn’t see that our trailer was in front of him and hit it big style. Brand new trailer scrap, and all the frozen product inside. He got arrested for driving nearly six hours without a break and then got released. His tacho showed he never made any attempt to slow the vehical. Fortunately our driver was ok.

Martin

highbridge flyer:
His tacho showed he never made any attempt to slow the vehical. Martin

Sleep apnoea?
Or just sleep?

Salut, David.