Deard's of finchley

Bit late :slight_smile: but

Albion Chieftain lad
flickr.com/photos/72885611@N … st-iny66a-

Scammell Routeman Holloway Road

flickr.com/photos/72885611@N02/8532725583

This photo is from one of my scrapbooks, I took the photo on St Albans Road in Barnet North London around 1968, my grandmother used to live in Barnet that’s how I came to be taking this picture I had gone down to stay with her during a school holiday. regards prattman.

Is this the same company.transportphotos.com

HuF0815.jpg
VS01629.jpg

when they had new offices built(where scantruck is now i think),every lorry that came back to the yard with a load of bricks on had a layer skimmed of the top to save them buying any!!

i’m after any pics of deards of finchley lorries -tried google and on here and i’ve drawn a blank.
the only pic i can find is of one of their bulk rubbish pulling bonneted mercs, but i’m after pics of the general haulage side -especially ergo cabbed leylands( in their cream and mustard livery).they were quite a big firm at one time and were based at bignalls corner(south mimms services) where the scania dealer is nowadays i think.
many thanks, andrew.

Hiya …theres a photo somewhere on TN…i saw it a long time ago possibly on bubblemans site.
Deards used to return load out of Hulland products/charcon in the 70’s when i was running out of there.
John

thanks john,i’ll have to sift through bubbs pictures again lol.