Sibbalds of Bathgate

Any body got any pics of this local firm to me … older the better…

pass their yard quite a lot and could see an old wagon that i thought was an ERF… from the distance tucked behind a fence… so anyway was passing today and i thought i would go and have a wee quick nosey at it … turns out it wasnt a ERF :confused: but a Seddon Atkinson… :confused: this was the best shot i could get of it… :cry: … look at the double tanks on it …

then i found found this little gem of a Mandator… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: … looked like a good jet wash and it was ready to go down the road… :sunglasses:

then i found this … i think its an older AEC Mandator … hopefully somebody can correct me if am wrong…

and then a couple of old Scania’s … :sunglasses:

Taken at Atherstone in the lat 80’s, used to see them in Stanton at Ilkeston in the 90s loading pipes, not sure whether they had a couple based down here.

stravaiger:
<Image removed at OP’s request>
Bubbs
Could this be the one and the same older Mandator in life?? Probably not as there would have been more on the fleet.Worth an enquiry?

certinly was well worth the enquiry… made a phone call to them and spoke to Russell…
told him all about how i had posted the pics on here and was wanting to know if he knew the Reg of the pic and guese what… it is this very truck… above…:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

CSX 340C…

told him about how i went into the yard but there was nobody about so didnt want to go noseying in amonst the trailers in case somebody thought i was at the ham… and if there was any chance that i could come into the yard with his permission and get some good pics with my camara instead of my phone… he said that would be no probs… so hopefully soon got some even better pics … :sunglasses:

then asked him about the Ergo cabbed Mandator and he told me that it was last used pulling one of the floats at the Edinburgh Festival parade a good few years back…wonder if anybody got any pics of that…?

then went on to ask him about the old cab that is sitting on the back of a trailer … and what it was …? he told me there is two of them and they are old Aec / Leyland Bison’s :sunglasses: … cant wait to get pics of them…he said something about modified Bison grills so aint quite sure what they are …

also directed him to this website and this thread so hopefully he joins in then can tell us more about his amazing alladins cave yard…

anton

Chieftan FT37 purchased in 1949

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

flatman001:
Chieftan FT37 purchased in 1949

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

exellent pic flatman…

look at the coach lines on the fuel tank… :sunglasses: