DCPC

Anyone know? I have my HGV as well as my PSV - sorry LGV and PCV license. I know I have to get my DCPC before Sept 2014 for my LGV but does that date cover me for my PCV as well as I also know the DCPC for PCV is a year earlier! All these letters - better learn my ABC now as well :laughing:

the ETA for the DCPC for PSV is 2013. The ETA for the DCPC for LGV is 2014 thats on the QT, see the WWW of the JAUPT or DSA or DVLA or VOSA for more INFO.
TTFN
LOL

But also check as some are transferable so only have to do it once

niteliner:
Anyone know? I have my HGV as well as my PSV - sorry LGV and PCV license. I know I have to get my DCPC before Sept 2014 for my LGV but does that date cover me for my PCV as well as I also know the DCPC for PCV is a year earlier! All these letters - better learn my ABC now as well :laughing:

Yes, it covers both.

truckerjon:
the ETA for the DCPC for PSV is 2013. The ETA for the DCPC for LGV is 2014 thats on the QT, see the WWW of the JAUPT or DSA or DVLA or VOSA for more INFO.
TTFN
LOL

Hardly and E[.b]TA. Being set in law already there’s no estimation involved :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

If you have both PCV & LGV categories (excluding D1 with 101 code) on your licence then any periodic DCPC training counts for both.

Assuming you have aquired/grandfather rights for both then to continue to drive commercially you must complete PCV by 09/09/2013 and LGV by 09/09/2014 however, if you miss the PCV date but complete the 35 hours at any time in the year before the LGV date then all that does is prevent you from driving PCVs commercially from 10/09/2013 to when ever you complete the 35 hours as stated

Once all 35 hours are completed you will automatically receive a DQC (driver cpc card) from DVLA and you must carry this card with you at all times when driving PCVs or LGVs commercially

The driving licence and the DCPC are seperate issues so not having a DQC does not mean that you lose the PCV or LGV categories from the licence

ROG:
If you have both PCV & LGV categories (excluding D1 with 101 code) on your licence then any periodic DCPC training counts for both.

the periodic training counts for both assuming the courses are registered for both :wink:

One suggestion for my courses ( like the OP I hold both LGV and PCV) was a lorry mounted loader course and I doubt you would be able to convince the DSA that this would be suitable for PCV :grimacing:

Denis F:

ROG:

the periodic training counts for both assuming the courses are registered for both :wink:

One suggestion for my courses ( like the OP I hold both LGV and PCV) was a lorry mounted loader course and I doubt you would be able to convince the DSA that this would be suitable for PCV :grimacing:

You always tell them you pick up fat people and the way to load them is via a hiab?

Denis F:

You could of course say that its a wheelchair lift on a PSV :stuck_out_tongue:

Denis F:

ROG:

That is incorrect
A driver who has both LGV & PCV can get 7 hours credit from ANY periodic DCPC course completed

ROG:

Denis F:

ROG:

That is incorrect
A driver who has both LGV & PCV can get 7 hours credit from ANY periodic DCPC course completed

are you sure ?

because on this course ( drivers hours) it says

Sectors Delivered To : LGV PCV

and on this course ( Lorry Loader) it says

Sectors Delivered To: LGV

Spoke to Apex at Peterborough and they seem to think the same course applies to both PCV and LGV with no variants!
Safe loading and weight distribution of the vehicle will be interesting :laughing:

Dennis, If the driver only had PCV then they cannot get 7 hours from a LGV only course but a driver who has both PCV & LGV can get the hours from any course

A driver with both LGV & PCV could get 14 from PCV courses, 14 from LGV courses and 7 from PCV/LGV course or any other combination

A driver who has a PCV but only ever intends to drive LGVs can get all 35 from PCV courses

ROG:
Dennis, If the driver only had PCV then they cannot get 7 hours from a LGV only course but a driver who has both PCV & LGV can get the hours from any course

A driver with both LGV & PCV could get 14 from PCV courses, 14 from LGV courses and 7 from PCV/LGV course or any other combination

A driver who has a PCV but only ever intends to drive LGVs can get all 35 from PCV courses

Thanks , still don’t see how doing a Hiab or a FLT course can be any use for driving a bus though :wink:

Denis F:

ROG:

Thanks , still don’t see how doing a Hiab or a FLT course can be any use for driving a bus though :wink:

i think that about points out how stupid the whole system is then :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

wildfire:

Denis F:

i think that about points out how stupid the whole system is then :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DITTO

Sign the petition! :laughing:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/3130

Like the original poster, I also hold LGV and PCV.

I did a 5 day JAUPT-approved course that covered me for my DCPC - with the extra forms completed and additional fees paid, of course. :frowning:

When my lovely new, blue DCPC card arrived, it showed my DCPC is now valid for both categories until 2019. :sunglasses:

I was a bit surprised, I thought it would come back with PCV at 2018 and the LGV at 2019. :open_mouth:

I am not sure if it was a mistake, or if perhaps the DSA make it the same expiry date for both vocational licences for the sake of simplicity? :confused:

Either way, my PCV is covered for 6 years from 2013, which seems like a bargain and I don’t have to worry about either until 2019. :smiley:

Now please don’t tell me that I should contact the DSA to query it with them, I was soooo happy until now!

:unamused: :laughing:

LoadsOfHorses:
Like the original poster, I also hold LGV and PCV.

I did a 5 day JAUPT-approved course that covered me for my DCPC - with the extra forms completed and additional fees paid, of course. :frowning:

When my lovely new, blue DCPC card arrived, it showed my DCPC is now valid for both categories until 2019. :sunglasses:

I was a bit surprised, I thought it would come back with PCV at 2018 and the LGV at 2019. :open_mouth:

I am not sure if it was a mistake, or if perhaps the DSA make it the same expiry date for both vocational licences for the sake of simplicity? :confused:

Either way, my PCV is covered for 6 years from 2013, which seems like a bargain and I don’t have to worry about either until 2019. :smiley:

Now please don’t tell me that I should contact the DSA to query it with them, I was soooo happy until now!

:unamused: :laughing:

It’s not an error

The DSA realised that having two different expiry dates on a DQC is not a good idea so they decided to align them after the first set of 35 hours is completed

I did my dCPC a while back and it did my PCV and LGV licences, not only did it do it, but it brought them into line too, so neither is now required until 9.9.2019.