Truck/coach cpc?

Only asking out of sheer curiosity as i know quite a few drivers hold both lgv and coach tickets, so if you do are you having to do two lots of dcpc to cover each licence or can you intergrate some of the modules to cover both?

You can integrate both parts.

eg mine was

Pt 1 Hiab
pt 2, 3 & 4 provided by local bus company
pt 5 Induction at Montgomerys

This gave me my blue card

tinytrucker77:
Only asking out of sheer curiosity as i know quite a few drivers hold both lgv and coach tickets, so if you do are you having to do two lots of dcpc to cover each licence or can you intergrate some of the modules to cover both?

As mentioned by Semtex above, one lot of 35hrs periodic DCPC covers for both LGV and PCV interchangeably, so a mix-and-match is perfectly OK.

You can do either or a mix which will cover both LGV & PCV

Normally only dcpc hours done within 5 years of the current expiry date will count but as the PCV started a year earlier than the LGV the authorities have allowed those with both to get the next set of 35 hours from 09/09/2013 to 09/09/2019 which is 6 years prior to the expiry date on the DQC you will get once you have completed the current 35 hours

To drive PCVs commercially you need to complete the current 35 hours by 09/09/2013 but if you miss that date and complete at any time from 09/09/2013 to 09/09/2014 then the PCV comes back into force and you will get a DQC expiry dated 09/09/2019 for both

One lot does both, you can do the full hours on one or the other and still count for both :grimacing:

Well that’s my curiosity satisfied thank you gents. Just thought the way these things usually work they’d see it as an easy way to make money and charge twice, nice to see a bit of common sense applied for a change

It will be interesting to see what happens this September when all the old guys and gals who don’t want to drive anymore because of DCPC retire. There’s a few who still reckon the government will back down and scrap the DCPC.

mucker85:
It will be interesting to see what happens this September when all the old guys and gals who don’t want to drive anymore because of DCPC retire. There’s a few who still reckon the government will back down and scrap the DCPC.

I assume you mean pcv and not lgv cos thats next year…

mucker85:

ROG:

mucker85:

I assume you mean pcv and not lgv cos thats next year…

I am afraid to say i very much doubt they will back down on this and scrap the DCPC it is a european directive so the government hands are tied inrelation to scrapping it.

The government and DSA very much in favour of the DCPC although publicly will not admit it because it is a money making scheme at best if their are real serious issues and massive persuasion from those within the industry regarding lack of drivers with the DCPC they may be able at best extend the date until 2015 but this is clutching at straws taking into account DCPC as been known about since 2009.

dieseldave:

tinytrucker77:

As mentioned by Semtex above, one lot of 35hrs periodic DCPC covers for both LGV and PCV interchangeably, so a mix-and-match is perfectly OK.

Other than if you hold one and do training for other its a whole new initial cpc as i found out couple yrs back

JJ192:

dieseldave:

tinytrucker77:

Other than if you hold one and do training for other its a whole new initial cpc as i found out couple yrs back

That’s true mate, but as you said, that applies to initial DCPC.

That’s because the initial DCPC modules are specific to either LGV or PCV.

JJ192:

That is often where the confusion comes from

Many think adding a higher category to one already held means doing an intial dcpc but its only when doing a completely new category for the first time will the initial be required for commercial driving
The categories in the above are referring to LGV & PCV