CPC, what do i need to do now?

Hi Guys.

I have just taken my class 2 and i already have my PCV, I know I have to do my CPC by September next year but I want to do it earkier rather than later.

So I’ve done the theory test and the hazzard perception, I done training with the instructor and going back to do more for my class 1.

What exactly do I need to do now for my CPC taking into consideration what i have already done? also does the hgv cpc also cover the pcv or vice versa? do I have to do two, hgv and psv cpc?

Thanks Madguy :imp:

Only need one to cover both lgv and cpc, assuming you have acquired rights ?, then you need to do 35 hours dcpc

madguy:
I have just taken my class 2 and i already have my PCV, I know I have to do my CPC by September next year but I want to do it earkier rather than later.

So I’ve done the theory test and the hazzard perception, I done training with the instructor and going back to do more for my class 1.

What exactly do I need to do now for my CPC taking into consideration what i have already done? also does the hgv cpc also cover the pcv or vice versa? do I have to do two, hgv and psv cpc?

All periodic dcpc will count for both PCV & LGV if you have both on your licence

PCV 35 hours by Sept 10 2013 but only if you had that PCV before 10 Sept 2008
If PCV gained after 09/09/2008 then go by the expiry date on your DQC (driver cpc card)

You do not mention having to do the LGV initial driver cpc so I am going to assume that you passed your car test before 1997 and already have a LGV C1 on your licence - if that is the case then just completing all 35 hours of any periodic dcpc will get you a DQC expiry dated 09/09/2019 for both PCV & LGV

If you did not pass car test before 1997 and not passed the C1 DSA test before 10/09/2009 then you will need to pass the initial LGV driver cpc before you can drive LGVs commercially - if that is the case then after passing those you will get issued with a DQC dated 5 years from that date of passing for LGV and 09/09/2013 for PCV - completing the 35 hours before 09/09/2013 will then get you issued with a new DQC which will have an year expiry dated 10, yes 10, years from passing the LGV initial dcpc
Should this be the case then no more periodic dcpc will count until within 5 years of that new expiry date

Sorry to dig up old posts but I have just one 7 hour DCPC session left to do (2 weeks time) and will then get my blue card, question is, I passed my PCV back in 2009 but never recieved my CPC card and on the DSA’s website just my LGV cpc courses are logged. does this mean in 2 weeks when I complete my 35 hours for my LGV, the blue card i’ll get will cover both LGV & PCV? :confused:

C10HOO:
Sorry to dig up old posts but I have just one 7 hour DCPC session left to do (2 weeks time) and will then get my blue card, question is, I passed my PCV back in 2009 but never recieved my CPC card and on the DSA’s website just my LGV cpc courses are logged. does this mean in 2 weeks when I complete my 35 hours for my LGV, the blue card i’ll get will cover both LGV & PCV? :confused:

Did you pass PCV initial dcpc modules 2 and 4 back in 2009 ?

i cant remember but the day after passing I was doing Heathrow runs lol

C10HOO:

Without the DQC you were driving commercial PCVs illegally - you are lucky not to have been caught

The problem might now be that after completing the 35 hours the DVLA might start asking questions or they might just give you a DQC expiry dated 09/09/2019 for just LGV or PCV & LGV

Legally - if you have not done initial PCV modules 2 and 4 then you are not legal to drive them commercially until you do

ROG:

C10HOO:

Without the DQC you were driving commercial PCVs illegally - you are lucky not to have been caught

The problem might now be that after completing the 35 hours the DVLA might start asking questions or they might just give you a DQC expiry dated 09/09/2019 for just LGV or PCV & LGV

Legally - if you have not done initial PCV modules 2 and 4 then you are not legal to drive them commercially until you do

oh well good job i stopped then, It was non-tacho civil service driving too if that makes any difference.

C10HOO:
oh well good job i stopped then, It was non-tacho civil service driving too if that makes any difference.

I am not versed in the PCV exemptions for tacho or dcpc so it could be that it was exempt ■■?

possibly, hence my gaffer tried to save some coin in not putting us through. will have to wait and see. Will never use my PCV licence again anyhow. Not a people person, one gobby passenger and ill be out of a job if you get what I mean.