Dambusters flypast

As one of the lucky ones to get a ticket,for this historic event,I just though I’d share some pics with you.

Please excuse the quality,as they were taken on a Kodak point and press jobby.

Enjoy.

Ticket: (Felt like charlie and the chocolate factory.)

All quiet so far;

All vantage points used:

Sqdn Ldr Al Pinner,who would normally fly a Spitfire,giving the pre flight talk:

Facing the memorial,as the last post was sounded.Very moving:

She’s here:

Right between the posts:

The return:

Fighter time:

Dakota time:

Finally.Ever wondered what your licence fee pays for?

Ken.

Great stuff, wish id been there. Ive been round those dams before very nice place to chill with so much history.

Saw it on the local news tonight…That bbc copter had one of the last surviving air men from the raids in it ( i think thats right :blush: )

Oh and you seem to be in a time warp!

89 years old Rich,and he looked well.

He travelled all the way from New Zealand.

Ken.

Want to see what it looked like from the bomb aimers point of view:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7405514.stm

Ken.

thanks for posting great pics

nice one thanks for sharing that quinny, is that the same one that flew over truckfest?

biggusdickusgb:
nice one thanks for sharing that quinny, is that the same one that flew over truckfest?

The very same.

Don’t forget she is out all season,and can be seen at various events throughout the country,along with the Spitfires,Hurricanes and Dakota.

Check out the display dates page on the BBMF website:

bbmf.co.uk/

Ken.

good photos Quinny. Saw it last week when it was on the way to Brigg to do a flypass there. Always sounds good.

I saw the 2 fighter this morning about 10:30 flying to the dam - I was on my way to Worksop on the Retford road.

Nice to see these old birds in the sky.

Should be interesting when the new Lancaster Planes are around for the new film they are making

Just another added note it was flying around the imperial war museum in Manchester last weekend me and the other half saw it while chilling in the garden

Pity that they did not release a DUD bouncing bomb - something like a super strength beach ball might have worked :bulb: :bulb:

Funny you should mention that Rog,a friend of mine said the very same thing,but what you have to remember is that Severn Trent would more than likely never allow it,for ‘elf and safety’ reasons.

If it were to cause ANY damage whatsoever,then apart form the RAF insurers having to pay out,then it may put future flypasts around the country,in jeopardy.

Ken.

At the same time I was, by coincidence rather than pre-planning, at the Mohnesee Dam in Germany.

Funnily enough, there didn’t seem to be any memorials/celebrations going on there . . . . . . . :wink:

And 65 years ago last night,56 fine british RAF servicemen,lost there lives.

Lest we forget indeed.

Ken.

I watched the old girl fly over on Telegraph TV. awesome :laughing:

I was doing a bit of research into the Derwent Dam & came across this website isleofwightattractions.co.uk … t_Dams.htm . I have been in touch with him both before & after the flypast & he’s put some photo’s of the Flypast on his website.

He also said its the first time he’s ever taken any photo’s of any aircraft & the first time he’s seen the Lancaster in the flesh so to speak.

I have also been in touch with him Colin,and he has seen this thread,and likes the pics,although I have to say,his site is superb,and I have sent some friends of mine a link to his site,including Charles,my mate who was with me on the day in question,and is a serious aircraft buff,and like me,a qualified radio ham.

Ken.