Currie european.......£8.50p/h

Is it just me or do supposed large haulage companies intend to insult our intelligence when it comes to advertising for staff

Just had a quick nosey on a few job websites and noticed currie are looking for drivers and willing to pay them 8.50p/h on a class 1.

Is there snyone out there that would drive an artic for that hourly rate■■? Or would we all be better off working in tesco with less stress and knowing what time we are actually going to be finishing each night… regarding the myth about a national shortage of drivers (if it was true) this is probably the reason… shocking pay!!!

I think there is often more than meets the eye when it comes to hourly rates. I left my job for £2 per hour more, when it came to it I found that that contract hours were less, weekend working and bank holiday working (including Boxing Day and new year) was compulsory, and holiday pay was basic. Decided I was better off overall on £2 per hour less for a better overall deal. So I went back. Depends what’s more important to you I guess.

I do drive for more than £8.50 per hour though

Is that a joke ? [emoji23][emoji23] I get more class 2 no weekends either

I doubt there are many experienced class 1 drivers on £8.50 p/h if any at all. Companies may advertise for drivers at that rate but lets be honest here, who would consider it unless you are desperate. I think their recruitment drive would be all year round trying for drivers at that rate. They may get a new pass or someone who has issues gaining employment elsewhere. They are obviously trying their luck with that one.

This was advertised as an overnight position. 24 quid overnight money, also after 3 month you get a partial uniform!!!

Aldis pay 9.80 euros over here and no doubt equal gbp in the UK and thats shelf filling. £8.50p/h class 1 is a ■■■■■■■■■ 5 weeks ‘aldi’ pay as well…

Gordy81:
This was advertised as an overnight position. 24 quid overnight money, also after 3 month you get a partial uniform!!!

Ah well now your talking. Much better than first thought!!

Wonder what part of the uniform you get, would it be the top part or bottom part… or a single steel toe cap boot■■?

^^^ the strait jacket for being a bloody lunatic for working there

Its worse than that up here there advertised overtime rate is £8.50 hr after 50 hrs read there web page used to be worse than that it was 55hrs before overtime

Gordy81:
Wonder what part of the uniform you get, would it be the top part or bottom part… or a single steel toe cap boot■■?

Currie undercrackers and socks…

Probably more confirmation of the fact that there is a fixed rate in the job with a resulting fixed amount for wages.Based more along the lines of if/when the wheels aren’t turning the truck isn’t earning and neither is the driver,regardless of the total hours involved in the job.With the more hours involved in it meaning a resulting lower hourly rate.On that note a low hourly wage is probably often just a hidden way of saying that waiting time/other work isn’t paid for. :bulb:

I was on 9p/h driving a fork lift in ikea back in 2003. Blair opens the floodgates a year or so later and here we are

I was on 9 quid an hour out on class 2 years ago doing agency work, my personal belief is that class 1 north of the border is usually in the region of £11.00 per hour from what i have seen with companies around the scottish central belt that advertise.

Christ, at the mo I’m on £10.14 per hour driving the bin lorry. 39 hour contract, time and half for overtime. Am i mad for wanting to leave?

Is that a joke ? [emoji23][emoji23] I get more class 2 no weekends either

this,

taking the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Better rate than Farmfoods Ltd for shelve stackers and supervisors

theflyingdustman:
Christ, at the mo I’m on £10.14 per hour driving the bin lorry. 39 hour contract, time and half for overtime. Am i mad for wanting to leave?

I would say that is not even questionable, I would say that is a given.

Where I’m from (South Wales) that’s about the going rate. TD Williams are advertising for class 1 drivers on Indeed and their overtime rate is £8.50.

Little wonder lots of Welsh boys are heading over the bridge to ply their trade in Bristol/Avonmouth. Sad times in South Wales.