What? £8.65 p/h

How can this pay rate be justified? Doesn’t matter how many hours you’re doing - it’s still embarrassing to even offer that sort of wage driving class 1 in my opinion?

Flip flops will be all over it. It’s how our wages stay so low. Hopefully in 5 yrs time when brexit has caused our pound to drop so low to the euro, the flip flops will have ■■■■■■ off and we can start getting somewhere

Is this joke of the day ? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]£8.65 for class 1 I’m on more than that for class 2 in Southampton tramping curtain siders , and my boss knows my name and I know him

At least the usual “Six points OK” has tightened up to “3 points ok”, aka “Speed camera offences forgiven”. :stuck_out_tongue:

But… Day Tramping though?

FFS Stobart’s £38k Eurotramping job got second looks - once you found out you were only going to be in Britain for 2 days in every fortnight! :open_mouth:

It’s not even a job for a single man… Not unless he’s happy to have zero ■■■ life and all.
I’ve never heard any tales of “A girl in every port” from Truckerworld, let’s put it that way. :unamused:

Isn’t that about what ESL drivers are on?

I’ve just emailed them…

And giggled at the wage.

Bet they don’t reply.

ASDA pay more than that doing Grocery delivery in a van!

GASP

Haulage company in poor hourly rate shock.

Who knew? Its been at least 48hrs since the last thread about it

The-Snowman:
GASP

Haulage company in poor hourly rate shock.

Who knew? Its been at least 48hrs since the last thread about it

And the sad fact is probably over half of the members on here will be applying for it too.

“We are looking for 3 professional class 1 drivers” (for unprofessional wages)

I can’t help feeling that anyone with “a willingness to succeed” would find the wage incompatible with the ambition.

Poor on the face of it but one would have to look deeper, perhaps a small family run business looking for a driver or 3 who would be an asset and willing to grow with the company.

Kit may play a big part but the perks of working for a family business cannot be underestimated.

OMG I should write their adds.

Oh and it’s more than I was on last year…
But then I just love trucks.

Dipper_Dave:
Poor on the face of it but one would have to look deeper, perhaps a small family run business looking for a driver or 3 who would be an asset and willing to grow with the company.

Kit may play a big part but the perks of working for a family business cannot be underestimated.

It does not matter if it is a small family business or a large business that is not right for any class 1 driver .Most small firms pay well 0ver £10 in my experience in any case …
Why would anyone want to get into debt for £3k for a licence to support that crap pay .You cannot justify this money in 2017 ,Its ■■■■.

Beetlejuice:

Dipper_Dave:

It does not matter if it is a small family business or a large business that is not right for any class 1 driver .Most small firms pay well 0ver £10 in my experience in any case …
Why would anyone want to get into debt for £3k for a licence to support that crap pay .You cannot justify this money in 2017 ,Its [zb].

Good point but if you fork out 3k for a HGV licence expecting £10 an hour from the get go more often than not disappointment will be close by.

Not enough info in the add to make a fully informed decision for me.
However what they don’t say points to a poor job.

May suit someone and sure they will get applicants of varying experience/quality.

Some work for more some work for less, that’s life.

They obviously ain’t looking for a driver who’s first language is English… (Omg I went there).
As long as they are happy that’s all that counts.

Dipper_Dave:

And whilst said owner of small family business sits in his £1M home after just picking up Tarquen from his private schooling in his 70k Range Rover and Mr & Mrs small family company owner chuckle to themselves over lunch of caviar served by a butler about how these commoners are willing to work for them and get paid a pittance because they think it’s better than working for a national company.

xichrisxi:

Dipper_Dave:

And whilst said owner of small family business sits in his £1M home after just picking up Tarquen from his private schooling in his 70k Range Rover and Mr & Mrs small family company owner chuckle to themselves over lunch of caviar served by a butler about how these commoners are willing to work for them and get paid a pittance because they think it’s better than working for a national company.

I’m a small family business, employing 25 people. 3 bed semi in a very average part of town, second hand combo van, and last two years I’ve paid myself a bonus so my wages match the lads.

My closest mate and her husband get paid between them, less than their lads take home. Frankly I think they need to decide wether it’s worth continuing or not, but that’s their call.

Most small hauliers are in the same boat unless they’ve got a lot of history and land/property behind them that can be realised by ceasing trading.

“Flexible approach to work”

We all know what that means

xichrisxi:

Dipper_Dave:

Don’t know what family hauliers you’ve worked for, but my experience is they not living a millionares lifestyle unless they were taking a cut from Limey Phil’s operation. :wink: The one living that life are the ones running the major multi national logistics operations.
And like the national companies you’ll find small hauliers paying peanuts, those paying a reasonable wage and if you’re lucky those paying really well, but you probably won’t seem them advertising for drivers.

Check out owner drivers forum. Talk is always low rates. Can’t imagine many small millionaire hauliers, unless they started as meal yun airs. I had a dig about professional driver for non professional wages, but read between the lines it wasn’t aimed at the haulage firm. Is it their fault container rates are bobbins?

Stobarts head men are well off, and they still pay bobbins wages. Ugly kid joe or what’s his name will want to bounce my coconut off a pavement when he reads that.