What? £8.65 p/h

Very easy solution…dont apply for the job…not rocket science…

yourhavingalarf:
I’ve just emailed them…

And giggled at the wage.

Bet they don’t reply.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122773&hilit=Taking+the+plunge

Message him on here :wink:

Has anyone on here with a C1 and/or C2 entitlement made the mistake of signing on at any point, and then being told “You’ve got to take this crappy paid job mate, - or we’ll benefit sanction you!”

(The correct way to deal with this situation, is never say what your qualifications are when you sign on, of course!)

I struggle to work out how these low-paid vacancies ever get filled otherwise.
No one is going to be coming out of Workshyment to take such a job, and lose their benefits - right?
…and moving from another job - is going to be just a paycut too far!

As far as I see it, that just leaves such jobs for people looking for work after leaving places like this…

Wormwood Scrubs.jpeg

…although if it was this particular blighter on his way out the door, I’d not be in a hurry to offer him much at all, as a prospective employer!

Cameron in the Scrubs.jpeg

Winseer:
Has anyone on here with a C1 and/or C2 entitlement made the mistake of signing on at any point, and then being told “You’ve got to take this crappy paid job mate, - or we’ll benefit sanction you!”

Benefits Agency can’t sanction you for refusing to do nights out.

Harry Monk:

Winseer:

plus no benefits agency can sanction people who turn down" crappy firms" who pay low rates expecting more than 48 hours a week …If they try just insist you cannot do more than 48 hours.thats that.

I get paid the same per hour for driving a white van as an attic with fixed day shift hours. Seriously considering whether to renew in the future with the cost of CPC, medical, Tacho card etc.

Steve-o:
“Flexible approach to work”

We all know what that means

“Must not want to spend time at home”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Most drivers work for that amount and that’s a fact sometimes less and that’s without overnights
Is it that hard to comphend if you do over 60 hours for what you get its buttons
Don’t get me talking about trampers God they work for peanuts but they TELL you its a vocation, it’s some vocation when they put up with the very low wage about 5 quid a hour and free security and ■■■■■■■ on the side of the road and hoping you can get a wash that’s some vocation.
Been there but never worked for the peanuts that they get now

Winseer:

(The correct way to deal with this situation, is never say what your qualifications are when you sign on, of course!)

I struggle to work out how these low-paid vacancies ever get filled otherwise.
No one is going to be coming out of Workshyment to take such a job, and lose their benefits - right?
…and moving from another job - is going to be just a paycut too far!

As far as I see it, that just leaves such jobs for people looking for work after leaving places like this…

…although if it was this particular blighter on his way out the door, I’d not be in a hurry to offer him much at all, as a prospective employer!

LGV icence holder witholds that information from the DWP when signing on.What could possibly go wrong. :open_mouth:

This why we had strong unions and before workers started acting like turkeys voting for Christmas regarding the unemployment benefit regime by saying that unemployed workers need to take whatever job they can get at any wage.All of which is a charter for the race to the bottom competition between employers by cutting wage rates to the bone in the knowledge that unemployed workers claiming the dole can’t say no.

Winseer:
I’ve never heard any tales of “A girl in every port” from Truckerworld, let’s put it that way. :unamused:

Speak for yourself pal.

ItsJoe:

Winseer:
I’ve never heard any tales of “A girl in every port” from Truckerworld, let’s put it that way. :unamused:

Speak for yourself pal.

Hookers don’t count :laughing:

toonsy:

ItsJoe:

Winseer:

Speak for yourself pal.

He doesn’t need hookers, mate - when you don the Kermit green, the clunge just throws itself at you, no matter which ESL unit you end up on; look at Joe’s unit, talk about Fanny Magnet!

Shandy123:

toonsy:

ItsJoe:

Winseer:

Speak for yourself pal.

He doesn’t need hookers, mate - when you don the Kermit green, the clunge just tried itself at you, no matter which ESL unit you end up on; look at Joe’s unit, talk about Fanny Magnet!

Reported for disabilism

Now now. There’s lots of rule breaches on here. We’re all adults.

I mean I read the other day a threat of physical violence along the lines of bouncing someone’s head off a pavement.

Guess that’s ok though :wink:

K’in ell someone been on the shandy’s tonight :smiley:

Underestimate me at your own peril. I’ve been to China and know self defence moves.

ItsJoe:
Underestimate me at your own peril. I’ve been to China and know self defence moves.

:laughing:

xichrisxi:
K’in ell someone been on the shandy’s tonight :smiley:

I live in hope, but the decorators are in, so…

Haha

Harry Monk:

Winseer:

Yes, but strangely in 5 years of working agency - I was never ever asked to do any nights out.

If that is a general situation across agencies everywhere - they are never going to be sanctioning you, except by offering you a bluff assignment, hoping you’ll turn it down.

I think I was offered one or two of these such bluff assignments though.
I accepted them on the spot, only to have them cancelled literally by a phone call five minutes later!

(The job probably never existed, they just hoped I would turn it down, giving them an excuse to get shot of me!)