Curries European Coatbridge

Hi anyone work for these and can tell me want there like.
Had my Class 1 for Year now so looking to get off agency and land permanent job.
Saw jobs advertised on there website so applied last night, got a voicemail off them this morning, seem desperate
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that the 8.50 for all hrs tramping sunday -Friday or.Monday Saturday or the perm nights at 10.50 all hrs.jobs. it is still like the old"joke" whats the difference between a bag o tatties and working for curries ■■ …you can live on a bag o tatties.

But if its experience you are after use them and move on after getting some.

Billywolves9:
Saw jobs advertised on there website so applied last night, got a voicemail off them this morning, seem desperate
Thanks

^^they will be desperate for drivers with the money they pay!!

Correct me if I’am wrong gents but is that hourly rate not fairly common in that part of the world ■■?.

Are JHP@ Lanark not paying “sensible” wages for central belt??
They run good plant but seem to advertise reg on FB for drivers.

Expanding the reason or something else!!![emoji848]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

JIMBO47:
is that the 8.50 for all hrs tramping sunday -Friday or.Monday Saturday or the perm nights at 10.50 all hrs.jobs. it is still like the old"joke" whats the difference between a bag o tatties and working for curries ■■ …you can live on a bag o tatties.

But if its experience you are after use them and move on after getting some.

They are after all shifts. Thought about it and tbh getting experience on agency and better hourly rate, been working on same contract for 6 months, although agency annoying and unorganised the place I’m driving for is sound, think will just hold out for job with them and also keep looking.
Thanks folks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shugg:
Correct me if I’am wrong gents but is that hourly rate not fairly common in that part of the world ■■?.

I’ve heard DHL Westfield pay £13 an hour and I was on £9.50 driving class 2, so think it just depends, I was on same an hour class 2 in Wolverhampton before moved up to Scotland

Big Truck:

Cheers will keep them in mind

Big Truck:

Depends what you mean by sensible wages.They work on a 4 on 4 off shift and a worked hard for there wage.

Colin_scottish:

Big Truck:

Depends what you mean by sensible wages.They work on a 4 on 4 off shift and a worked hard for there wage.

Aye,
Thought there was a reason rather than “new contracts” for all the “drivers needed” posts on FB!!!

Any idea what the money is for 4on/4off??
Be maxed out 3×15/1×13 No doubt!!!

Big Truck:

Colin_scottish:

Big Truck:

Aye,
Thought there was a reason rather than “new contracts” for all the “drivers needed” posts on FB!!!

Any idea what the money is for 4on/4off??
Be maxed out 3×15/1×13 No doubt!!!

There on a fixed day rate but dont know what it is.Thats why there always in a hurry but i dont blame them.

Yuill and Dodds are looking for drivers if you know your way round a bulker or walking floor? Percentage work in good motors. Be better than Curries anyway.

harrawaffa:
Yuill and Dodds are looking for drivers if you know your way round a bulker or walking floor? Percentage work in good motors. Be better than Curries anyway.

Reminder from the forum rules:

Random crap
Posts that do not make any sensible contribution to the forum will simply go

harrawaffa:

I’ve applied to them although got no experience with bulk and walking floors

Billywolves9:

harrawaffa:

Id stay clear of yuill and dodds

norb:

Billywolves9:

harrawaffa:

Why? If you’re going to moan about miners then it doesn’t matter.

harrawaffa:

norb:

Billywolves9:

harrawaffa:

Why? If you’re going to moan about miners then it doesn’t matter.

You mentioned miners not me …so you can enlighten me :smiley:

norb:
You mentioned miners not me …so you can enlighten me :smiley:

Before my time. But it’s the usual story when ever they get mentioned.
Thought you were going to tell the OP specific reasons not to work for them like poor pay or dodgy practices etc.
Rather than just because they done something you don’t agree with 30 years ago.

TiredAndEmotional:

harrawaffa:

Reminder from the forum rules:

Random crap
Posts that do not make any sensible contribution to the forum will simply go

It’s a well known fact that Y & D helped break the miners strike by providing scab transport to help break the miners strike. I for one would want to know if a company I was considering working for had been involved in scabbing to help break another workers strike. It would be the end of my interest. Several times in my agency driver career I was offered work that strayed into that area and point blank refused it. Some of us still have principles and beliefs that do not fade with the passage of time. Your random crap comment is ■■■■■■■ bang out of order in my book!

W.M Armstrong in uddingston are looking for drivers