£7.00 per hour!

Just seen a job posted on here for £7.00 per hour , for class 1 general haulage work , seriously do they expect to get quality drivers , or is it me being a bit naive ■■?

diffrent areas of the country have diffrent rates but that is low, they maybe dont want quality drivers only quantity drivers

scotstrucker:
diffrent areas of the country have diffrent rates but that is low, they maybe dont want quality drivers only quantity drivers

aye :laughing: bums on seats :sunglasses: stobrats £7.20 :grimacing:

There are lots of low paid jobs out there.
A company a good friend of mine works for (He’s QC manager) are looking for a tramper. Out 2-3 nights a week on fridges.
10 year old kit. £500/week gross.
And the boss thinks that’s ok money.

J_K:
A company a good friend of mine works for (He’s QC manager) are looking for a tramper. Out 2-3 nights a week on fridges.

In certain parts of the country that might be about right, and much depends on what the hours are, if thats for a 42/44 hour week it isn’t too bad as its about a tenner an hour straight through, if its the mega POA fiddle that many companies encourage and a real world 65 hour week then its crap.

Whilst people will work for £7.00 per hour, firms will continue to pay it.

Juddian:

J_K:

In certain parts of the country that might be about right, and much depends on what the hours are, if thats for a 42/44 hour week it isn’t too bad as its about a tenner an hour straight through, if its the mega POA fiddle that many companies encourage and a real world 65 hour week then its crap.

+1

robbo99:

robbo99:

This^^^^^^

There are those that won’t be convinced of course…

Truckulent:

robbo99:

This^^^^^^

There are those that won’t be convinced of course…

Where’s sayersy with his “I work for peanuts but I don’t care because I love my job” response? :smiley:

Fatboy slimslow:

scotstrucker:

you can get £10 50 on agency at stobarts goole

mac12:

Fatboy slimslow:

scotstrucker:

I’d imagine that’s self employed??

selby newcomer:

mac12:

Fatboy slimslow:

scotstrucker:

Don’t think so, I have been offered them and I only work PAYE

mac12:

selby newcomer:

mac12:

Fatboy slimslow:

scotstrucker:

Don’t think so, I have been offered them and I only work PAYE

Is this logistics people by any chance ,think there rates £10.50 p.h ,lad I know is on it ,paye,guaranteed 5 days p.w,guaranteed 45 hrs p.w( 9 hrs p/d)
It’s basically there agency .

Samworth Bro’s class 1’s are on £7ish.

yea ive just looked on the job section ,basically is 550 a week for living at work,max hours and nights out,u get a 63 merc though,has the northeast got the same standard of living as a third world country because that is a insult :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

robbo99:

Bang on there robbo , if everyone said " How much ? ■■■■ off I wouldn’t get out of bed for that " tight gits would have to pay a half decent wage then , shocking rate £7 an hour don’t know how they have the cheek to offer it !!!.

Radar19:

Not sure about that the agency pay £10.50 so I don’t think full timers are on £7 :question:

at Stobart IN Crick agency pay 11-11.50 p/h.and this is not just at Stobart.

jonny b:

Radar19:

Not sure about that the agency pay £10.50 so I don’t think full timers are on £7 :question:

Thats what my instructor told me when I was in Leicester.

Radar19:

are they?

I’ve read on here you can earn up to 40k there and get treated like a human being.