£7.00 per hour!

They can’t pay more because there’s no money in it. Ask them why they do it then and the answers are just a load of rubbish. Of course there’s money in it - just not for those that make it for them :wink:

Samworth - I heard and also read on here 30k plus and a decent job and as far as I know that’s always been seen as accurate.

Ramage pay min wage for their trampers lol. Rumour is they are getting a pay rise, when is anyones guess.

jonny b:

Radar19:
Samworth Bro’s class 1’s are on £7ish.

Not sure about that the agency pay £10.50 so I don’t think full timers are on £7 :question:

Mate of mine drives for em, has done for about 20 years, he’s on about £14 an hour but has had his hours cut a couple of years ago, he now does 4 on 4 off, 12 hour shifts.

He’s £13.50an hour at ADR for Nft Dav

Alcpone:
Ramage pay min wage for their trampers lol. Rumour is they are getting a pay rise, when is anyones guess.

Probably when the government raises the minimum wage rate.

£500 a week is ok enough money for the same hours that office wallers work… .ie. 35 hours per week.

If you’re working 48, then you’d expect that to have an element of overtime in it, increasing the average hourly rate overall.

If it’s OVER 48 hours, then bearing in mind that you are aiding and abetting a company to have you work more hours as a 26 week average than is, let’s say, “advisable” (since no one will back me up on it being illegal by fair interpretation of the law!)

We require I’d say, £850 a week gross for all these excess hours to start. That’s only £10ph for the 85 hour week some are working even then.

Overall, if you can get some happy medium where a reasonable amount of hours worked equals a decent regular GROSS pay, then go for it.
I say GROSS pay is important, because theres too many firms out there saying that £500pw gross, TAKEHOME £480 thanks to umbrella fiddles is better than £600pw gross, take home £470 all fair, square, and legal.

It isn’t. £600 gross will always be better than £480 umbrella takehome to me. :wink:

fredthered:
Of course there’s money in it - just not for those that make it for them :wink:

+1

neilg14:

Alcpone:

Probably when the government raises the minimum wage rate.

That’s the thing, they get time and a half after 8 hours (I think) so Rambo’s plan is to get them onto £7.00 straight through and I guess that will be their pay rise for the next 6 years, as that is when the last pay rise was given (I have been told)

more monkey’s working for peanut’s some driver’s really are just to stupid for word’s

TEF in Scarborough is paying £7-£7.50 an hour, some drivers are paying to buy their own PPE and for some reason drivers leave a lot and those who start don’t stay very long. Their job advert on the job centre website is starting to become one of those permanent ones. The rumour mill says that apparently they think they’re one of the best to work for in the area.

…Perhaps the applicants thought that For £7.50 mun, it must be a doss of a job drinkin T all deh, and lerkin at wor lass when in fact the job is most probably jolly hard work. :unamused:

Even Warren Clark got laid in that hotel overlooking the promeande there, so there must be some romantic notions about the town of Scarborough.
They even dug up some gold coffin there, and gave some old codger the Tutankhamun treatment, complete with smashing his fancy gravestone up… :unamused:

how short sighted can some drivers be??

i,m on 7.50 per hour, to most of you i,m an idiot…

well i chose this job over another that paid alot more,tbh i left the better paying job for this one, even more stupid eh??

well no, i work 5 mins walk from my home, i,m home every night in my bed, nice home cooked food, good quality family time…
no car that i have to pay for, no running costs, mot insurance fuel ect, no travel time maybe the trampers should look at how much it costs to run their car for it to be parked on car park for most of the week…

i,m way better off financially and benefit from more family time and proper relaxing time at home then i would be doing the better paid job…

end of the day its down to the individual and personal reasons, but dont call that guy an idiot just because he doesnt fit in with what you think…

I’m quite happy at the moment, last 3 weeks 56 hours a week on a five day week, puts me just under £10ph straight through before bonuses and n/o allowance, just under £11ph after bonuses.

I have to take the rough with the smooth though, when you get upto 82 over 6 days (which I’ve done twice) that hourly rate comes down to £8.10ph :frowning:

dle1uk:

i,m on 7.50 per hour, to most of you i,m an idiot… Snip…

I’d never call you an idiot for that fella. In all honesty it wouldn’t suit me, but who the hell am I to tell you what you should or shouldn’t do? Fair play to you if that suits your needs I say.

In certain parts of the country that might be about right, and much depends on what the hours are, if thats for a 42/44 hour week it isn’t too bad as its about a tenner an hour straight through, if its the mega POA fiddle that many companies encourage and a real world 65 hour week then its crap.
[/quote]
How does it work out at a tennner an hour?

I must be living in the twilight zone. The rates people are saying are ok in this thread are ridiculous.

still, Fair play if you can make it work for you, i certainly couldn’t.

mark haywood:
Just seen a job posted on here for £7.00 per hour , for class 1 general haulage work , seriously do they expect to get quality drivers , or is it me being a bit naive ■■?

Had £6.50 the one Company and with overtime up to £944.-/Week
They will pay break and everything during other pay higher but no extra and little Overtime.

dle1uk:

i,m on 7.50 per hour, to most of you i,m an idiot…

well i chose this job over another that paid alot more,tbh i left the better paying job for this one, even more stupid eh??

well no, i work 5 mins walk from my home, i,m home every night in my bed, nice home cooked food, good quality family time…
no car that i have to pay for, no running costs, mot insurance fuel ect, no travel time maybe the trampers should look at how much it costs to run their car for it to be parked on car park for most of the week…

i,m way better off financially and benefit from more family time and proper relaxing time at home then i would be doing the better paid job…

You are either a wind up or an idiot. If you’re the latter, god help you if you believe your ■■■■■■■■. You don’t have a car because you can’t afford one.

maga:
I must be living in the twilight zone. The rates people are saying are ok in this thread are ridiculous.

still, Fair play if you can make it work for you, i certainly couldn’t.

babysitting for friends on a satdy and sundy night gives a boost to the wage :unamused: