Crap week

Was offered and accepted a job last week. Didn’t think being off the road for several years would make a difference as i have over 20 years exp, but seems it does to some folks. I digress. I went in Saturday ran over to Immingham to swap trailor then back to yard ready for off Monday. However, our gert decides that a spanner needs to be chucked into the works and begins feeling ill Sat afternoon. By Sunday she feels crap and stays in bed. i shoot off to see my mother and when i get home gert is still abed, so now i know she is really ill and i call a Dr. I am told to get her to a NHS drop in place where she is seen by a Doc who tells me to get her to the hospital sharpish and to go straight to admissions ward. I am worried now, but do as instructed and stay with her until the early hours even though she is doped up on Morphine. She is x-rayed and tested and pumped full of fluids through the night. Well what a great start to new job, 1st full day and i am ringing in to cry off. Well they are ok about it and just tell me to keep in touch. Hospital allow her home yesterday afternoon as i will be there if needed, but have to take her back in for results of tests tomorrow. I call new job and tell them i will come in tomorrow morning basically just to wash and clean out unit and get it how i want it. they are ok with this. Then wham phone call tonight to say her mom is in hospital and probably won’t make it through to tomorrow. Christ i was at my cousins funeral last Thursday what else is there to come. Don’t bloody well know what to do tomorrow now. Soz had to bleat on to someone and you guys are it i’m afraid.

That sounds like a crap week to me too. There is a lot of good guys and gals on this site who you can talk to.

Hope things turn out better for you soon.

Hope things improve mate,family first work second ALWAYS

:laughing:
Had to show them Office that i have the Smartcard with me,and had in Front of it the Union Card.
Just put down in a Rigit and only a 4 hour Job.
Just without Coment.So i don’t know if it’s against me.
Or yes?Other Agencydriver go in Office and i have to wait now outside till anyone has Time to came out. :laughing:

Lovlyperson:
:lol:
Had to show them Office that i have the Smartcard with me,and had in Front of it the Union Card.
Just put down in a Rigit and only a 4 hour Job.
Just without Coment.So i don’t know if it’s against me.
Or yes?Other Agencydriver go in Office and i have to wait now outside till anyone has Time to came out. :laughing:

:confused: eh?

Bad news on the family stuff, especially when just starting out a new job, but if you’re totally upfront with them and keep them informed then hopefully they should be fairly sympathetic, and if they are at least you know they might end up being a reasonable bunch to work for.

Hope things improve for you mate :wink:

simply answer mate family come 1st 2nd and last and if boss don’t like that then tough ■■■■ plenty of jobs out there hope things work out ok for you and yours