Good week or BAD week?

This week for me was good a short one…No dramas really, but on Thursday sat in Cambridge services avin a crafty 45 I did observe some not so good reversing. As some of you know it’s either a blind side reverse or not, well just a tip to some of the less experienced drivers FFS SLOW DOWN you make it 100% harder going backwards like Lewis Hamilton, it’s not big and it’s not clever you make yourself look like a Audi driver…A ■■■■

Another thing why do Tipper drivers all drive at a million miles an hour??
Hopefully next week will be as entertaining, and I can get a picture on me tele :angry: :angry: :angry:

i was at boreham services last week and a artic came in at million mph mis-judged it and then spent 15 mins shunting into his space. How it made me smile :slight_smile:

at least it breaks the monotony of staring into space. i tend to go nice an slow if im being watched by others and go all :blush: :blush: when i do ■■■■ it up (which does happen) .

I’ve had a tough week, never felt so tired. Really have struggled.

4 days - 43 hours. Nice to be kept ticking over.

i had a nice easy week a steady 8 hour day and getting paid for my usual 10 hours :slight_smile:

Had a not too bad week myself for agency work.

Tuesday went into my ‘regular placement each week at the same place’ only to be told ‘sorry your not needed, didnt your agency tell you?’ at this point im pretty ■■■■■■ off, as its a 40 min drive each way from where i live ( approx 45 miles round trip) . so i rang the agency up and gave them a right bollocking.

got home and get a call fron Driver Hire about 8 am, Are you available to do an overnighter. As you can imagine i immediatly said yes (work is work , bills to pay and all :stuck_out_tongue: ). Now im fairly new to driving anything bigger than a 7.5 tonner, and had never done a night out in a truck before, so i was pretty excited, and threw some stuff into a holdall that i thought i would need.

I got the truck , An 05 plated Iveco Eurocargo with a tall roof on it so i could stand up. Anyway got my stuff in and got on my way down to Devon to do my B&Q bathroom deliveries to B&Q stores. Pulled in for my 45 and found that the ciggy lighter socket didnt work at all and for some reason they never fitted a Hella socket :frowning: so im without any means to recharge the ■■■■ nav or my phone. anyway i found a nice lay-by up on the moors not far from the A30 and ‘camped’ for the night.

I get back home on Wednesday at about 6pm and get a call from Driver Hire again. Can you do another overnighter tonight ? you need to be in for 4am in Stoke on Trent. So i managed to wrangle £100 out my parents and went to get the things i needed for an overnighter (i learned i didnt have things i needed on the first one :blush: ).

Was doing a run to Norfolk / Suffolk delivering to chemists, Everything was in cages so wasnt too bad to unload, found a layby to park in for the night after i saw the state of the Truck park in Lowestoft. not the best site in the world. footpaths leading off in different ways down different alley ways. got back at 8pm on Friday night at the yard.

This morning i got another call from Driver Hire, can i report to the Stoke office (im registered with Burton on Trent), get a minibus from there with 35 other drivers and get upto Leyland (probably DAF) where you will pickup your ‘van’ to deliver to Glasgow, where the minibuses will meet you to bring you back.

So not too bad a week for me, and to top it off. My old place that i was working for when i got ‘suspended’ have popped me back in as a regular again. Jobs a good un :slight_smile:

I’ve had an excellent week…

… been on holiday! :laughing:

dropped my 1 st bollock in a year and a half this week , so a bad week :cry: :cry:

Good week for me got myself a new job! :smiley:

BAD week for me,

Mrs complaining bout the kids being a pain in the proverviable, and bout me being away all week, so I says ok I will go back to getting home every night less money for shorter runs, no overtime etc, money drops SUBSTANTIALLY!

Oh no she says, we should spend time together when you are home, yes I agreed.

Get home tonight she going out with her mates, and I am back at work tomoz night! WTF!

Roll on SUnday night!

GOOD week for me

Started doing a few runs for a local firm…trailer swaps etc on a casual basis.

Forgotten how nice it is to drive without getting earache from the cargo :laughing:

:smiley:

Whole week has gone swimmingly. Very easy. And to top it off, on thursday, for the 1st time i did over 800kms in one day. Legally that is. :stuck_out_tongue: 818kms to be exact. Even took a photo…

Not in the same league as Mike-C’s Starship Enterpise but not bad for a mere mortal. :laughing:

Started in Northampton, up to Tesco Livingstone, change trailers in Malcolms yard in Newhouse and got back as far as J38 truckstop.

Even Tesco were on warp speed. I was in, tipped and out in 40mins. Another record!

Coming down the M6 later i took a couple of photos of the early morning mist from the top of Shap.

It’s not a bad job sometimes. :sunglasses:

Bad week, runs were duplicated from lastweek, which was a bad week so I got it twice over :unamused: Spent most of this weekend asleep, hoping tomorrow I’ve got a nice run.

Was having a great week up until 11.00am Friday morning when I cracked my head open on a trailer. Now I have a nice big gash in the middle of my forehead!

Good week wage wise, bad week for social life 60 hours in 4 1/2 days.

it was a bad week, should of been good as started a new job but again i ahve been dupped into listen to the agency saying its all great, the job is working airside at heathrow, old dog battered lorries falling to bits, and the job is just simply boring! sit in a tea hut with sky news on wait for a flight to be sceduled, when it is you go wait at the cargo bay to be loaded,this can be an hour or more, then to the aircraft to wait again to put it on board, then back to wait until another flight arrives to collect and drop, all in all in 8hours there was atoal of 30mins driving, 5mins loading/unloading as it all done with roller beds, the rest just sitting on a noisy airfield,not the place to be for a driver, very dissapointed with this so will be looking for something else