Not a good week

Well after reading Margates sad news yesterday I was hopefull of cheering things up a bit today. But alas I can’t as I too failed today, CatC 2nd attempt.

I failed where I least expected to on the reverse - I made a real hash of it too, got round the first cone fine and continue accross the yard to line up with the bay & I was a little tight on the nearside cone and before I knew it I was almost on top of it. At this point I panicked slightly and thought a shunt was in order (pitiful I kmow taking a shunt in a rigid) so I pull forward and not taking into account the fact that I was literally a whisper away from the pole sticking up out of the cone the rear end swing took the pole over :blush:

So that was that, I did fine on the drive picking up a few minors for mirrors and stuff but a fail is a fail & I have to pick myself up and go again. Not sure when as yet but hope its soon. 3rd time lucky eh.

Unlucky!

but remember they is no shame in taking a shunt!!
thats what its there for

Better luck next time mate!

really sorry to hear that bepto mate!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: …know how you feel so i dont need to say anything. you know what they say mate third time lucky could be the one :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

keep us posted on developments mate, it seems everyone is failing at the moment…there was a driver on class 2 test before my class 1 on tuesday and he failed his too :cry: :cry:

Got the retest booked for 15th July 2.30pm - got a couple of hours beforehand to polish up, particularly reversing lol :laughing:

Its gotta happen, happen sometime, maybe this time (remember the song?)

sorry to hear about your test result,you know you can do it just slow down think about what your doing b4 you do it and look at the spot where you know the back end should be to get you round safely.next time you’ll get your ticket.good luck :wink:

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Keep trying !!

Niall.

I normally like to see I’m clear of obstacles both sides before pulling a rigid into a confined space Bepto, so often take a shunt as a matter of course.

Unlucky on your test mate.

Theres no shame in taking a shunt, as has been said, thats what its there for.
Also don’t forget that each size of wagon has a different size layout for the maneouvering test. You don’t do the rigid reverse test on the same size layout as the artic test or it would be too easy.

hey bepto mate sorry to hear you failed as i said in my post seems its 3rd time luckey i did excatley what you did on my first test only got 4 minors on the drive but as you say feked before i even got out the gate i never got 1 minor for mirrors in any of the tests my trainer was real hot on it he was always sayin mirrors mirors in fact he didnt say much else i think he just held on for dear life anyway im sure he only knew few words they semed to be mirrors mirrors and coffee but sayin that he was good and that was the first test bang went that £100

test 2
well did another 6hrs before the test and thought i got the whole thing down pat it was 3 weeks after i failed the last test and my head just wasnt in it so what happeded was this reverse was ok took a shunt but hey im new to this the controlled stop no worries so at least this time i was outta the gate but it went downhill from there i got 2 serious one on the gear change exercise some idiot in an astra just wouldnt wait so he overtook me on the gera change and there you go enough to fail the next serious was yip you gussed it a doopy school girl drivin a silly fait cinecento thing and she never looked and kept goin just pulled straight out in frount of my and well you know the rest serious number 2 well i got 7 minors on that test also forgot to say it was the same examiner im not gonna put his name but he was a nice bloke anyhow i was gutted thought maybe id done enough be in the debreif i just knew it and i wasnt happy ho hum thats another £100 in the dvla coffers

test 3
well did another 6hrs before me test this time but my head was in it everything went well with the training and he was happy any how get to the test centre and im feelin well happy out walks the guy who failed me the last twice and calls the other blokes name so i thought here we go ok we do the reverse and i cheat well use a shunt 1 minor the controlled stop goes no worries so we out the gate the drive went well i though could see anything massive id done to balls the test up any way 55 mins later we get back and the debreif witch strated with him giving me a right tellin off after witch he told me i had passed with 13 minors got through by the skin of my teeth and now over a week on got the plastic card and the papperwork from the dvla yesterday and im still well pleased gonna take all your advice guys and go for the big boys toy soon real soon any way bepto just keep goin for it you will do it and its like walkin on air when he says im please to tell you hope this helps a bit mate chin up and rember its 3rd time luckey …

take care
jason