CPC

Hi everyone
i have just had my cpc booked at the theory test centre, even though that is booked, does the practical demostration test have to be booked after that, and where does the practical demo test take place, as my cat c test is passed i need to do cpc before i can look for work. thanks and any help information is appricated

Hello,
Yes, once you have passed your Driver CPC theory test, you have to take your Driver CPC Test before you can get paid to do a driving job, if you passed your car test after 1997, and the test takes place at the LGV test centre, which will be the same place where you passed your Class 2 (Category C) test, if you are still in the same area, no doubt Rog will be along in a few minutes, with some more information. Bye

This is the one you have booked at the theory test centre -
Module 2 Initial driver cpc theory - senario questions - multiple choice INITIAL DRIVER CPC BOOK and/or training by LGV school

This is the one you need to do after passing module 2 (above)
Module 4 Initial driver cpc - practical on site (no driving) -
Training for this by LGV school. who will also book it for you
Most LGV training schools should now be geared up to teach this but shop around for the best deal.

I would definitely not recommend anyone to book module 4 and try to pass that test without training - you cannot learn module 4 from a book !!

Module 2 must be passed before taking 4

Module 4 done at LGV driving test centre

thanks fallingbostel and rog for the info just what i needed, what it is i come through (esf) the euopean social fund process and trained then passesd on my test day , my cpc was missed off accidently by the training company even tho the (esf) have funded the cpc and course, so im just presuming my training company lends me a trucks for module 4 or unless it is done on the Loading trolly only without the need of a truck etc.

The truck will be needed to demonstrate on for some of the questions that may be asked - that truck needs to conform to DSA test standards

ok thanx rog for info

that truck needs to conform to DSA test standards

Just a bit of nonsense, but it doesn’t have to comply with the extra mirror rules. Another useless bit of information!! :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

that truck needs to conform to DSA test standards

Just a bit of nonsense, but it doesn’t have to comply with the extra mirror rules. Another useless bit of information!! :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll give you that one Peter but the rest still stands in regards to size etc

the rest still stands in regards to size etc

Of course :laughing: :laughing:

Since starting my current job, I’ve started to become more bemused about the test standards for cat C vehicles, as it seems that my truck conforms to only 1 or 2 of the requirements for a test vehicle, although I’d feel sorry for anyone who had to take a test in my volvo… it’s bad enough driving it from day to day at work!