Help, CPC question :)

Hi Guys,

I have my theory booked for 26th May, im a little confused with the CPC part and i am going to be doing a 5day intensive for my practical driving.

Do i need to book module 1 cpc in the theory test centre before i take a practical driving test? Or will my 5day intensive cover this?

I will be training with Dave Robbins or Steve Robertson SW

Thanks for your advice guys.

Dan

You’ll need to do your CPC separately. Don’t worry, its easy. You’ll need to do your theory test before you can sit your practical I believe.

Thank god you have answered my question! Haha!

I will book my cpc theory then. Whats involved in it? How many tests?

Medical theory & HPT then practical

Depends when you passed your car test as to the cpc you need

Module 1 is the theory test and you say you have that booked for 26th May.

Hopefully your HGV test is after that date as you cannot take module 3 (HGV/PCV driving test) until you’ve passed Module 1 (Theory test).

Danstoneman24:
Whats involved in it? How many tests?

Initial Driver CPC Information

Ah right i get it. Yeah im looking to book my hgv test after i have passed my theory :slight_smile:

I have passed my test after 1997 so i would need to do all modules

I’ve just realised you can do mod 1 in 2 parts taken separately, so you need to check exactly what you’ve booked.

Good luck with it :wink:

All i have booked so far is my multiple choice and hazzard perception.

I think you have to book mod1 CPC theory test seperatly? £55.00 does this soumd about right?

And am i right in saying that module 3&4 CPC you do in your practical driving test?

mod 3 is the driving test and mod 4 is the demonstration test, they’re taken separately.

You have to do mod 1 before mod 3, and you have to do mod 2 before mod 4.

Many do all three theory modules 1a 1b + 2 on the same day at the theory test center then do the mod 4 during the mod 3 training to save paying more to hire the lorry & instructor again for the mod 4

Much of the mod 4 training can be combined with the vehicle checks done at the start of each days mod 3 training

Modules -
1a theory
1b HPT
2 cpc theory
3 practical road drive/reverse
4 cpc practical

Thanks Rog! :slight_smile:

I have my module 2 CPC booked for a week after my theory and HPT.

So then i will only have to do module 3&4.

Should of known this being a HGV Mechanic!!! :wink: haha!!

Thanks for the help though chaps, much appreciated. I will update you to how i get on. Wish me luck lol.

Passed my theory :slight_smile: 95 multiple choice and 85 HPT :slight_smile: