Do you do your CPC first before starting your LGV training?

I have been reading all the links and there is plenty of info that is helpfull but there is so much of it I am getting lost.

I want to do my class 2 LGV
Then class 1 C+E straight after

Do I book my CPC course first? is it just a test that you study for by buying they books and CD rom? or do they train you? 35 hours of it is practical? what do you do the practical in?

If you don’t already have C1 on your license then you need to sit CPC Modules 2 which is Case Studies (done at a PC at your nearest theory test centre) and Module 4 practical test, which is a practical demonstration test based on questions and approved examiner will ask you.

Then after that you have so many hours yet to complete depending on when you obtain your license.

do you just prepare for module 2 on your own?
Do you need special training or equipment to practise on in prep for mod 4?

First of all, when did you gain your car driving entitlement?

Was is before 1/1/97?

If you do need to do your module 4 cpc I recommend you do somewhere like we offer. We integrate into one of your days training so that you’re not messing around doing it later, unable to hit the road with your new licence. It’s cheaper that way too, only costs £55 on top of the driver training fees.

You need to practice with one of these, it’s me in the picture trying to look like a pupil for the website! Also you can get the official book called something like ‘the DSA guide to driving large goods vehicles’ it apparently has all the info you need, least that what examiners tell us!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325632833.194776.jpg

Cheers mate I’ll start organising today, I passed my driving test in 2004 so wont have it.

BBOY13:
Cheers mate I’ll start organising today, I passed my driving test in 2004 so wont have it.

Hi I got my C and C+E license this year, the way it worked for me was as follows :-

firstly with this initial cpc which is newly introduced its split into 4 sections.

1 Theory - Mutli choice questions and hazard perception. I studied books and CD Roms for these
2 Case study ( mod 2 ) - again the DSA lorry book and reading senarios and answering questions from these also multi choice!
3 Driving practical training - a week with an instructor plus test.
4 ( mod 4 ) practical - I was put through this by using a fella who had the questions and answers for this, you have to as well as verbally, actually show what you are doing and looking for etc, you have to get really involved with this,

you can go ahead andf get your driving training and test booked when you have your multi choice and hazard perception passed, and when you pass, you still CANNOT drive legally until you pass mod 2 and mod 4 see above, as your liable for fines etc.

I got my C license and also C+E before i done my mod 4, but you need your mod 2 and mod 4 before you can drive legally :slight_smile:, from the date you pass your mod 4, you then have 5 years to do your 35 hrs, this is known as periodic training which every driver needs to take, but us drivers just starting out as of last year needs to do the initial cpc training to play catch up with the aul hands lol and then every driver is on the same boat regarding the cpc training, I hope this helps, sorry for waffling on a bit :slight_smile:

James

j4ck0:
I got my C license and also C+E before i done my mod 4, but you need your mod 2 and mod 4 before you can drive COMMERCIALLY legally

added the relevent bit

The reason is that we get some looking in who are doing LGV for private use such as their own horseboxes and therefore do not need the initial modules to do so

so they must not have to do their 35 hrs as well?, if it is their own horse box?

j4ck0:
so they must not have to do their 35 hrs as well?, if it is their own horse box?

NO
All of the the dcpc is only for commercial - own horsebox LGV is private

Correct. No driver cpc required for private use. Pete :laughing: :laughing: