CPC March

Hi
Seem to have been asleep for a month so sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, tried a search but couldn’t find it.
Is it too late to apply for sitting a CPC exam in March (Nat + Internat)?
If not could anyone tell me of an exam centre (North East preferrable) that accepts private candidates?
Thanks
Eco :laughing:

Hey… In looking on google seems I might have partly answered my own question. One exam centre, unfortunately far down South, seems to be allowing entries up to Feb 15.
Now I need quickly to find all exam centres for ‘my’ area N.E. , even Yorkshire would do. Help please folks, my own fault I know, leaving things till last minute (better get started opening the book also, gona be essential night reading from now on :laughing: ).

Double Hey… Just answered all my questions.
Got in at Darlington college (just)… £125 all in for units 1,2,4 & 6…
Now wheres that bl…dy book :laughing:

ecotrails:
Double Hey… Just answered all my questions.
Got in at Darlington college (just)… £125 all in for units 1,2,4 & 6…
Now wheres that bl…dy book :laughing:

Crikey, you’re one brave person, sitting national and international in one hit, with only six weeks to go.

Good Luck.

Thanks Kate, but not brave, just eternally optomistic or really stupid… :laughing:
oh and it’s three weeks, exams on 7 March.

ecotrails:
just eternally optomistic or really stupid

Not sure which I am but I’m booked in on the 7th too (although only for the national, not international, so one module less).

Paul

Thanks to deiseldave and his links to the OCR site.

Unit 4 Case study is now out for the March exam. Not looked yet, but would be grateful for any of the many expert comments that I know are out there to help me, and many others I am sure, have a better chance with this stuff.

ecotrails:
Thanks to deiseldave and his links to the OCR site.

Unit 4 Case study is now out for the March exam. Not looked yet, but would be grateful for any of the many expert comments that I know are out there to help me, and many others I am sure, have a better chance with this stuff.

Hi ecotrails, the good news is that it doesn’t look like there’s any ADR questions this in the case study this time. :smiley:

I’d check out H&S procedures in the event of an injury at work, and employment disciplinary procedures. They look like they’re going to crop up this time. :wink:

Good luck to you. :smiley:

Thanks for that Deiseldave, much appreciated.
Just completed initial studying for unit 1, tried sample assessment stuff on OCR, got 73%, not bad I thought for first try but a little too close for comfort. Some of questions seemed at odds with the stuff I am reading in Lowes book but I suppose I will have to suffer that since I am only using the book and not involved on a course.

Starting unit 2, straight into CMR stuff, could anyone tell me if the examination will expect me to know a list all of the countries that are party to the CMR convention or just to know the general aims/procedures of CMR?

ecotrails:
Thanks for that Deiseldave, much appreciated.
Just completed initial studying for unit 1, tried sample assessment stuff on OCR, got 73%, not bad I thought for first try but a little too close for comfort. Some of questions seemed at odds with the stuff I am reading in Lowes book but I suppose I will have to suffer that since I am only using the book and not involved on a course.

Can you give me a link to the sample assessment please|

Sure.
The’re on this forum (owner and fleet operators), sticky thread, third one down, deileldave posted them up. Click on the link (national or international) and it takes you to OCR site. You might need to click on 'show all ‘documents’,should bring up a long list of stuff sand the sample assessments are in there.

Do they show questions fot the senario?

Which senario?
If you mean unit 4 case study senario for March 7, then yes, it is on there.

No I failed the dec unit 4, I would like to see the questions to that senario so I can sit down with someone to try do it again in my own time. I had trouble doing the costings and The right order for applying for the O licence

Yes tlc, the case study is on there. Perhaps even better to go with it is the examiners report for Unit 4 Dec 07, which will show you and someone where marks were lost by people on that exam.

ecotrails:
would be grateful for any of the many expert comments that I know are out there to help me, and many others I am sure, have a better chance with this stuff.

You and me both dude!
Diesel Dave was certainly lending a big helping hand with the December CPC, (see link below) maybe someone will give a leg up to the March candidates?
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … c+december

I would Love someone to show me the best way to do the costings. and the oorect format to apply for the O licence.

I am sure, if the knowledgable members here could spare the time they would, but that’s a bonus for us go it alone studiers not a right. If it had not been for this site , the information available and the helpful peeps on it, then for sure I would not be in a position to be taking the exams this March.

Eco Did you buy any books to help you study, I have all the books that came with the course, but thinking of buying the 1001 questions & answer book.

I think the 1001 questions would be a good book but I only have - Lowe, ’ a study manual of professional competence in road haulage’ to go on; it makes me want to go to sleep most of time or find any excuse to do something else but he knows what he’s writing about (I hope) and every unit is covered. The book sometimes does not make things as clear as I think they should be but I try find stuff I don’t understand from other sources on the internet. For example, reason I came on internet now, he describes tachographs and says it’s important to have a look at some to understand them but knowhere in his book is a bloody example, so here I am about to do google search for something. :laughing: