Booking a CPC exam

I want to book to take my CPC National exam in the March 2008 sitting, but despite a good look I can’t find anything that tells me how to actually book the thing on the OCR website. I only want the exam, not a course.

Anyone give me a clue how I book it? Do you do it with OCR or do you have to go through a third party? If the latter can anyone recommend a good person to book it through?

Ta,
Paul

Obi-wan or dieseldave please :smiley:

I think you book through a third party, Dieseldave will know for certain :wink:

you can book online on the FRIENDBERRY WEBSITE

I’m sure there are other places to book

the case study questions appear on the OCR website nearer to the exam date - there’s a sticky somewhere with the details :wink:

I booked mine with training for Industry in Hull.

I never did any study with them, just turned up at the exam centre and did the exam.

One was held at a school and the other was done on their premises

repton:
I want to book to take my CPC National exam in the March 2008 sitting, but despite a good look I can’t find anything that tells me how to actually book the thing on the OCR website. I only want the exam, not a course.

Anyone give me a clue how I book it? Do you do it with OCR or do you have to go through a third party? If the latter can anyone recommend a good person to book it through?

Ta,
Paul

The other posters are correct and so is your observation about OCR. My advice is to look around your local area for a training provider that advertises CPC courses, then contact them and ask whether they’ll allow you to sit the exam at their premises.

TIP: Ask whether they run a “revision day,” (some do) and go along to that. You’ll get a feel for the place, the exam questions, and you’ll get advice on the case study module. There will probably also be some past papers to get you into the swing of things. It will give you an edge on exam day IMHO. :wink:

I contacted OCR directly through the site contact us bit, phoned them and they gave me a list of telephone numbers to call in my area, a couple of calls later had myself booked in for Dec exam, only just made the cut off date though. Try this way mate and you should be on your way, training place even had a refresher day course which was very handy. They do charge a bit more cos your an outside pupil though.
Mick

Foxstein:
I contacted OCR directly through the site contact us bit, phoned them and they gave me a list of telephone numbers to call in my area, a couple of calls later had myself booked in for Dec exam, only just made the cut off date though. Try this way mate and you should be on your way, training place even had a refresher day course which was very handy. They do charge a bit more cos your an outside pupil though.
Mick

Spot-on mate, that’s another good tip.
The reason for the extra charge is that there is extra admin involved, and I can vouch for that. Good luck to you :smiley:

Thanks for all your replies, I’ll keep you posted.

Paul