CPC Exam National 2 Weeks Today

…and i’m cra*ing myself.

What are your experiances with the CPC? Any topics stand out as being a lot harder than others? I’m strugling with weights and dims at the moment, so many different combinations to remember. Taxation seems to be another one that’s not staying in my head for long :unamused:

Anyone know any good sites with some free sample exams?

From what i’ve read I probably should have looked into getting a couple of books instead of soley relying on the RHA folder

I did mine about 8 years ago with Hargreaves - book only. After spending ages revising everthing the test was a doddle. Multiple choice then - I don’t know if it still is, but don’t worry - if you’ve got a decent head on your shoulders you’ll pass.

Hi Pricey,
Take a look at the folllowing link. When you get to it, the first on the list of the Key Documents is the Pre-release notes for the March Exam. This shows you two case scenarios, one of which WILL be used the the actual exam (module 4.)
Now you can work out what sort of questions they may ask, and revise accordingly.
Also in the Key Documents you will find sample papers for modules 1 and 2

ocr.org.uk/qualifications/OC … ulage.html

Also take a look at this thread, which previously ran on the forums, some useful links here.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

Good luck mate. I passed my national and international 6 years ago. In the case studys, just sit and think for a while, then write everything you can think of. The problem is that you dont know what they are looking for, so write every-bloody-thing. Best of luck with it. I can tell you that its a real buzz to pass it.

Thanks everyone, those links are very useful. Already had the 2 scenarios but the sample tests will also come in handy.

If all goes well on this one i’m doing the International in June.

PRICEY:
Thanks everyone, those links are very useful. Already had the 2 scenarios but the sample tests will also come in handy.

If all goes well on this one i’m doing the International in June.

Good Luck

I did mine 5-6 years ago, ok so it took two attempts to get module 4 :blush: but the modules 1, 2 and the international were a doddle :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

wish I’d had those links Kate posted when I did mine :wink:

Good Luck Mate,

Just did mine in December and passed both national and international.

Alan R’s advice is spot on.

I decided to do the course (used EP Training in Great Bookham) as I’m not the most studious sort, and one of the first things they said was to just put down as much as you can think of, as the examiner will only award points for correct and relevant answers, not deduct them for being wrong or irrelevant.

The way it’s structured now is you do straight multi-choice for modules 1 & 2 (20 and 30 questions each), then a case study for module 4.

Pass mark on that is only 50%, but you have to get 70% of total available marks on the sections relating to drivers hours reg’s, maintenance, o’licensing , and vehicle costings.

International (module 6) is just 20 straight questions.

The exam is a bit of nerve shredder, and if I’m honest I came out convinced that I’d screwed the case study, but as mentioned above, I cannot tell you what a buzz it was getting my pass slips and certs through!

Best of luck Mate, let us know how you get on.

Mike

I used E.P training as well

I passed first time :open_mouth: and got both national & International

I didn’t find most of too hard as it’s mostly stuff you should know anyway I was twitching a bit about the questions on customs paperwork but obviously guessed correctly :wink: :laughing: