CPC Dolly knot

iv heard off a friend that the practical cpc requires a dolly knot demonstration, is this true that it is included in the test,thanks

Not true

garnerlives:
Not true

What he said. At least from now on you will know if your friends lips are moving there is a better than average chance he is talking ■■■■■■■■. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

newtrucker128:
iv heard off a friend that the practical cpc requires a dolly knot demonstration, is this true that it is included in the test,thanks

The current trainers are teaching this knot BUT they also reckon that it is unlikely to be done on test - WHY? - because the trainee is told what needs securing and is then asked what they would use and to demonstrate it’s use
STEEL = CHAIN
CAGES = BAR
EVERYTHING ELSE = CHOOSE RATCHET STRAP

Where did the rope go… :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

newtrucker128:

The current trainers are teaching this knot BUT they also reckon that it is unlikely to be done on test - WHY? - because the trainee is told what needs securing and is then asked what they would use and to demonstrate it’s use
STEEL = CHAIN
CAGES = BAR

If this is definitely the case then why do the DSA test centre trolleys have a rope in them■■?

chevmac:

ROG:

newtrucker128:

STEEL = CHAIN
CAGES = BAR

If this is definitely the case then why do the DSA test centre trolleys have a rope in them■■?

For the candidates to end the misery after failing for the seventh time■■?

It should be the first question of the CPC.

Given a choice between the following,

how would you secure jagged sheet metal?

Rope.

Locking Bar.

Chain.

Spansets.

Other.

If they do give the wrong answer they should be given a second chance, What would be the best thing in this trolley to horsewhip an idiot? :stuck_out_tongue:

chevmac:

no idea - maybe Peter Smythe can help on this…

A question can be asked on anything that is in the dsa driving goods vehicles manual. how to tie a dolly knot is in the manual

burnie1:
A question can be asked on anything that is in the dsa driving goods vehicles manual. how to tie a dolly not is in the manual

Sorry burnie1 but you are wrong - the dolly knot IS in the manual and therefore can be tested

burnie1:
A question can be asked on anything that is in the dsa driving goods vehicles manual. how to tie a dolly not is in the manual

LGV Driver cpc book page 42 - case studies section - know how to check ropes are secure
Which, presumably, means that you would need to know how to do a dolly knot to determine that ■■?

ROG:

burnie1:

LGV Driver cpc book page 42 - know how to check ropes are secure

DSA guide to driving goods vehicles page 326 - tying a dolly knot

chevmac:

burnie1:

Sorry burnie1 but you are wrong - the dolly knot IS in the manual and therefore can be tested

That is what i said I did get my nots and knots mixed up :blush:

burnie1:
I did get my nots and knots mixed up

NOT KNOT - who’s there ? :wink: :laughing:

burnie1:

chevmac:

burnie1:

That is what i said I did get my nots and knots mixed up :blush:

My apologies- got me in nots too :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

newtrucker128:

STEEL = CHAIN
CAGES = BAR

Sorry Rog but I use ratchet straps for my cages and not had a problem yet!

DAF95XF:

I have no doubt that they work well but the DSA don’t want that answer

Is there any mention of the low air pressure warning on a lorry in this manual. It will be fun to watch new lads looking for a flag :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Is there any mention of the low air pressure warning on a lorry in this manual. It will be fun to watch new lads looking for a flag :smiley:

It’s in the ‘lights & tunes to dance to’ section :laughing:

ROG:

DAF95XF:

I have no doubt that they work well but the DSA don’t want that answer

Then the DSA haven’t carried cages in a secure box van with flexing sides.

Cue demonstration from DHL, locking cages into an airfreight rollerbed, seal it up and hear the cages crash over at the first roundabout in Croydon. the load is then multiple mixed until we reached EMA :laughing: