Cpc mod 4 dolly knot

Hi guys well I got my cpc mod 4 test in 2 weeks time. What I want to know is do they ask you to do the dolly knot or not

Didnt do any of them on mine. Dont think you need to worry about the dolly knot. Just say you`d use the straps and demonstrate that instead.

They don’t always use the trolley m8. If they do use it and they say the load is paper or palletised goods, just say you would use straps to secure it if you are unsure of the dolly knot.

It’s quite an easy knot to learn, there’s videos on YouTube that show you how to do it.

There’s a really easy way, just don’t mention the dolly knot and you don’t have to do it! Simples, just had my mod 4 on Tuesday and passed 100% :slight_smile: I must admit didn’t even touch the trolley tbh but don’t mention the dolly you won’t get asked to demonstrate it:)

Good luck for your test :slight_smile:

Chris

I learned the dolly knot just because it’s a bloody handy knot to know. I wasnt asked to demonstrate anything on the rig they have so it didn’t matter, still glad I learned though even if it’s not used much anymore.

Routy22:
There’s a really easy way, just don’t mention the dolly knot and you don’t have to do it! Simples, just had my mod 4 on Tuesday and passed 100% :slight_smile: I must admit didn’t even touch the trolley tbh but don’t mention the dolly you won’t get asked to demonstrate it:)

Good luck for your test :slight_smile:

Chris

How did you find the cpc module 4 mate

NEVER say rope on the mod 4 test

Choose…
Strap
Chain
Bar

Always choose the strap.

Radar19:
Always choose the strap.

Not a good idea, if you’re doing the sheet metal scenario you need to choose chains. You need to choose the appropriate load retention device.

KCLeblanc:

Radar19:
Always choose the strap.

Not a good idea, if you’re doing the sheet metal scenario you need to choose chains. You need to choose the appropriate load retention device.

Granted, if you get the choice though, go for the strap.

Ok thanks guys i’ll remember not to say a work about the rope :smiley: