Covent Garden

Could someone tell me the easiest way to get to New Covent Garden coming from the north (A1 M11) . thanks

Well, normally I would say from M11 to the North Circular and work your way through using the Limehouse Link but the Link is shut due to a fire. Soooooo, assuming this is tonight and its late, be daring!!!
Straight down the A1, after the M25, look out for the A41, pick that up and head for Swiss Cottage. At the end of the A41, you come to a T junction. Turn right and this takes you to Swiss Cottage, follow the signs for Central London and that road will take you straight down Baker Street and at the bottom is Oxford Street, follow the signs for Victoria then Vauxhall. Over Vauxhall Bridge and the Garden is on the right, you just have to go round the one way system into Nine Elms Lane to get into it. Not as difficult as it sounds but its the quickest and at night, you will fly through.
Never mind lorry bans and all that, the Police know where you are going if they see you and leave you alone.

yes PRACTICE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oh no wait that was carnegie hall :laughing: :laughing:

A1, M11, A406, A12 past Spits, Blackwall hole, A2 to Elephant & Cas and you’re there.

You’ll need £3 in change to get in as well, by the way. :bulb:

Rob K:
You’ll need £3 in change to get in as well, by the way. :bulb:

I ALWAYS used to give the nice man on the gate a £20 note teehee

i do this run the other way ( covent garden to harlow ) and one of the easiest best and legal is
m11 to a406 to a13 (then i normally use the tunnel ) a1203 (following signs for the tower ) down tower hill ( sped cams) then upper and lower thames street ( speed cam 20mph it uses time over dis . no flash ) victoria embankment turn left at big ben right at next lights ( hospital ) follow it over island till you come to vauxhall bus station left under railway round to right straight thru lights market on left 2nd set of lights 4 quid to get in (if you can wake guard )( they really like it very small coins )

good food in the pavillons cafe £ 1.80 for abacon and egg on crusty bread ( good ammount of bacon )

bagpuss:
i do this run the other way ( covent garden to harlow ) and one of the easiest best and legal is
m11 to a406 to a13 (then i normally use the tunnel ) a1203 (following signs for the tower ) down tower hill ( sped cams) then upper and lower thames street ( speed cam 20mph it uses time over dis . no flash ) victoria embankment turn left at big ben right at next lights ( hospital ) follow it over island till you come to vauxhall bus station left under railway round to right straight thru lights market on left 2nd set of lights 4 quid to get in (if you can wake guard )( they really like it very small coins )

good food in the pavillons cafe £ 1.80 for abacon and egg on crusty bread ( good ammount of bacon )

You’ll get [zb] by the cops going that way in a wagon :open_mouth: .

Bagpuss, isn’t the Link still closed cos of a fire■■? That will make the A13 a nightmare

bagpuss:
4 quid to get in

Last time I went there with Gauthier I parked before the toll to ask the guard if he took Euros. ‘Yes’, he said, and gave me a decent rate. Went back to the cab, sorted out the money and then pulled forward. ‘Oh no’ he said when I stopped to pay, ‘it doesn’t cost anything this time of the afternoon’ :confused: :unamused:

Definitely :smiley: .

Salut, David.

Pay to get in! why?

Guy Rope:
Pay to get in! why?

Precisely :smiling_imp: , but all wholesale markets, certainly in France are like that these days. Only exceptions are the ones, like Nantes, that charge you to go out :open_mouth: . That was a shock the first time, mind you I offered the man a big note at 3am and he just waved me through. Funny, had a lot of big notes after that, but it doesn’t always work. :wink: :cry:

Salut, David.

The Limehouse Link tunnel is OPEN heading into town closed coming OUT

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: lolololololol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you have to pay a firm to deliver to them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

whats the world coming to.

Guy Rope:
Pay to get in! why?

Because thats the way it is! You have to pay to get into Covent Garden and Western International but not Spits or Borough. Flipping hard work delivering to the wholesale markets!

jessicas dad:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: lolololololol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you have to pay a firm to deliver to them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

whats the world coming to.

Ive never heard of this before now, mad aint it, if I was asked for cash to get in, all they’d get is a cheery wave from me as I drove off!