Route north from Covent Garden

Last week after tipping in Covent Garden and heading for Luton, went over Vauxhall bridge, but could not turn left and follow river, as road closed due to police incident, so headed north the way we used to go then had to do a left turn with a weak bridge sign of 19ton,upto Hyde Park then followed signs for north. is there a better route heading north, with out going in to Con charge zone, or following the river.HELP :sunglasses:
Klunk, lost in London ,used to be great before all these charges and rules.

I’m pretty sure I went past Battersea Dogs Home, over Chelsea bridge and turned left to run by the river when I came out of there,

The way i normally go is over vauxhall bridge then turn left following the river, then on to the a4/a40 m40 westbound.But as i said i could not turn left.
Klunk

NewLad:
I’m pretty sure I went past Battersea Dogs Home, over Chelsea bridge and turned left to run by the river when I came out of there,

This is right. If you come out of the main entrance of Covent Garden Market into Nine Elms Lane, turn left at the traffic lights by the Booker cash and carry into Nine Elms Lane itself, head down to Battersea Dogs home, turn right at the lights just past the dogs home, then go to the roundabout, turn right at the roundabout, Shell Petrol Station on the right, over Chelsea Bridge and turn left onto the embankment.

Follow out through Earls Court and up to the A4, turn left at Tesco, which is the A4 and head for the M4 or carry on past Tesco up to the A40 roundabout at the bottom of the A40 westcross road I think it is. Don’t know what it is actually called, just know my way round there :smiley: Then go over the roundabout, up the A40 bit and turn left onto the A40 and it brings you to the lights at Savoy Circus.

Hope this helps

I went the way Einstein says many moons ago,picked up the A40 to Hangar Lane,joined the North Circular to M1 and headed for Dunstable. :wink:

einstein:

NewLad:

This is right. If you come out of the main entrance of Covent Garden Market into Nine Elms Lane, turn left at the traffic lights by the Booker cash and carry into Nine Elms Lane itself, head down to Battersea Dogs home, turn right at the lights just past the dogs home, then go to the roundabout, turn right at the roundabout, Shell Petrol Station on the right, over Chelsea Bridge and turn left onto the embankment.

Follow out through Earls Court and up to the A4, turn left at Tesco, which is the A4 and head for the M4 or carry on past Tesco up to the A40 roundabout at the bottom of the A40 westcross road I think it is. Don’t know what it is actually called, just know my way round there :smiley: Then go over the roundabout, up the A40 bit and turn left onto the A40 and it brings you to the lights at Savoy Circus.

Hope this helps

I’m not very good with London tbh, I always have a head ache after driving round there with the LLC zones and everything else that goes with it, I’m just glad I don’t get that far into it anymore, Heathrow is about my limit nowadays lol