Best route from Reading to New Covent Market

Got a run to New Covent Market tomorrow in Artic what’s the best route.

Cheers

M1 junction 2 where the toys r us is and then follow the road to blackfriars bridge

thetastytrucker:
M1 junction 2 where the toys r us is and then follow the road to blackfriars bridge

Has reading moved :question:

m4 j2 chiswick south circ

thetastytrucker:

M1 :open_mouth: Why not if he’s paid by the hour. :wink:

I’d go M4 jct 2 down to Chiswick Rounabout - turn right onto Sth Circular A205 follow A205 to

Wandsworth round Armoury Way left onto A217 to Wandsworth Bridge roundabout - straight over onto A3205 York Road

follow A3205 to Nine Elms Road ( Battersea Power Station on the left ) after passing Sleaford St ( on the right )

turn next right into Covent Garden Market.

Thats the way I went last time,though it was about 5 years ago.

Was going to ask what time then re-read your post, so presumably it’s during the day
I personally would go M4 , M25 anticlockwise , a3 north all the way to Wandsworth then follow the a3205 towards Battersea and Vauxhall
New Coventry garden (nine elms) comes up on your right

Don’t go down the embankment rd at night as you will get nicked for it.

Best get yourself an atlas mate, a good truckers one!! and have a little browse. :smiley:

Cheers guys, done the M25 A3 route before seemed a little way out, gonna do M4, A4 then A205 south cir.

Just keep away from the north bank outright. Anything involving the A3/A214/A3205 sounds about right. I can’t say I’d fancy the Kew Bridge route (in on the M4, off at Chiswick RB to pick up the A205) in a 44t, but failing that, M25 J10 and straight up the A3 to the A214 link road to the atom (wandsworth) roundabout, then along the A3205 under a 14’9" bridge.

Final approach from the southwest along the A3205 in the pic, turning right at the junction in the centre.

Well all done, I went M4 to j2 A205 south A3, A217 thenA3205, a few bridges most where 4.6 metres one was 4.5 metres i, was running at 4.3 metres so happy days.