Need a route in to London W1

Just been thrown this job after someone else baulked at it.I did have a cushy shunting job lined up but hey ho!
I have to take an 18ton rigid tautliner (12โ€™10") to New Burlington St London W1 for 0900 tomorrow. Will be coming in from the A40. Any London experts suggest a route please? not often I have to ask for a route, but the city of Hell throws me :confused:

I did think of A40 to Portland Place down to Oxford St, left into New Bond St, down to Clifford St, left into Saville Row right into New Burlington St. Twas the best I could see since New Burlington is a one way street.

Come off just after Paddington, right onto Edgeware road, over Marble Arch, down park Lane, left onto the A4 Piccadilly at Hyde Park Corner. Left onto Stratton street, follow up and turn left to Berkley street, around Berkley square. Turn left onto Bruton Street by Jack Berkley Bentley dealers, follow into conduit street, then right onto Saville Row then left into New Burlington Street. Canโ€™t remember if the street or place comes up first. All doable in an 18 tonner

Thanks Jay,
I appreciate that :slight_smile:

+1 on jays route. But โ– โ– โ– โ–  me that is going to be nose tail for 0900 tip.

Yep, another great bit of planning, I shall get there when I get there. Told the TM that this evening!

You canโ€™t do a right off the A40 onto Edgware Road. It flies over it.

Donโ€™t take the earlier Paddington slip road either as it is 7.5t limit. Rarely policed but it DOES happen.

You need to get turned around by taking Daventry / Cosway St. First / second left immediately you come off the A40 elevated section. Either will do to get up to Bell St. Right onto Bell St. then hook a right again to head south on Lisson Grove and then either straight down Seymour or come back on yourself (A40) so you can do a left to get on to the A5 Edgware Road down to Marble Arch.

The route was absolutely spot on, I ended up coming in on the A5 all the way to Marble Arch instead of the A40. The problems started when I pulled up outside and the luvverly chap from Westminster Council said, Oi, you cant park here! But I persuaded him to allow me a short time for the truck to leave that was then being unloaded in the offroad loading bay.

I think I might have got away with it :unamused:

But thanks Jay & looooo .

Always good to help another driver out. I spent most of my younger years cutting my teeth around there doing booze for cert/Octavian back in the 90s on 7.5 tonners, then a bit of supermarket work, like the sainsburys you passed on Stratton street, and Tesco have 5 shops in and around Mayfair. I have done a couple of container jobs right in central London, you really need to know your onions with those