Help need some directions please

Hello all I need a bit of help I need some directions or should I say the best way to go. I’ve been offered a run and it starts at Evesham then down to Covent Garden wholesale market and then to spits wholesale market then I need to get to the horse shoe at Heathrow and then back to Evesham, any ideas of the best way
Regards

When are you going and what time?

44 Tonne Ton:
When are you going and what time?

And the vehicle type/size (rigid, artic, push-bike) may help people to help you :wink:

sorry i for got to say leave tuesday night 22.00 and in a artic
thanks

A44 to Oxford (via Moreton/Chipping Norton/Woodstock) up A40 and M40? You could come off at J4 Wycombe and go A404 to the M4…I’m not looking at a map whilst writing this so apologies if I’ve missed out a more obvious/shorter route…The A44 is the route most of the fruit and veg wagons use…

At that time of night you have to be careful of the lorry bans,there is a website which I have been told about but I’ve forgotten the name of it someone on here will probably know it,you put in where you start and where you want to go and it will show you the exact route you should take through London from covent garden to spits.So you won’t get fined etc

I would tell you the way I go but I would get lynched!

If you have quite a few deliveries in both markets then take some shilling with you and you will get tipped quicker :wink:

I worked for Somerfields for 10 years delivering in / around London, We used LBTS routes agreed with someone in London

Youre taking the tour around London Red routes literally :laughing:

YOU must use the RED Routes in London, Take the Most direct Route, that way you will avoid any fines

I would be expecting you to have a sat nav for fine tuning directions at the end of the route/s

Toll Money / Dart tag for Dartford Bridge

What I can gether from the Blackwall Tunnel site, Its closed at night (again)

From Evesham, You will enter London Via the M4, Take Junction with the A406 (North Circular) and A205 (South Circular)

Take the South Circ towards Putney / Wandsworth follow to the A3, Turn Left onto A3 and follow sat nav to Covent Garden Market

Leave Cov Garden same route you went in, apart from Turning left onto A205 South circ towards A2, Take A2 to M25 (if Blackwall Tunnel is open take Blackwall (Max height North is 4M and leave the A12 at junction with A106 then follow sat nav)

Take M25 towards Dartford, thru Tolls Northbound

Exit M25 at A13, Head towards London, Leave A13 at Junction with A406, and head North on A406

At Junction with A12, Leave A406, Head west towards London / Leyton

Leave at Junc with A106, drive under the A406 and then follow Sat nav

Once you done Spits, Get back onto the A12 and follow to A406

Take A406 North towards M11, Stay on A406 and follow around to M4 and then Back onto M4 West and follow sat nav

Sorry Im not sure what Horseshoe is, but the directions I give are a good guide on how I believe the LBTS route operate, If anything, You may wish to head up the M11 to the M25, But that is a longer route, and depending on time of day you get there, The A406 to Heathrow maybe the best option and quicker
I have spent many many hours driving thru london, and have a good knowledge of the LBTS routing, and avoids Congestion charge zones, and basically stay on RED Routes until last moment you have to leave to get to final destination

However, that was around 3 yrs ago when I last delivered in London, and I cannot be liable for any changes

Hope this has helped you

PinkLadyTrucker:
YOU must use the RED Routes in London, Take the Most direct Route, that way you will avoid any fines

I think this is slightly wrong, not all Red Routes are unrestricted roads, although unrestricted roads are all likely to be Red Routes!

The A2 is a no-no at that time of night he will kop a fine for that,go the scenic route upto algate turn left at tower bridge and pick up the signs for the A13 jobs a good un! :smiley:

No restriction on A2 at all, apart from Blackwall Tunnel!!!

See londonlorrycontrol.com for a map.

Aldgate will get you into trouble, nearest you can legally be is Limehouse A13!

i cant help with bit from eve’s but i’ve been doing both markets for over 7 yrs
m40 to m25 to m4 J2 (chiswick) A205 to wandsworth where it joins the A3 into one way system A217 to the A3205 which will take you staight to Battersea . just after the dogs home/power station (on left) is the New Covent Garden market on the right . You will need £4 pound to enter the market
When you leave head towards Vauxhall A3036 straight over lights on to Albert embankment /Lambeth palace road at lights turn left onto Westminster Bridge 1st lights (big ben ) turn right on to A3211 Victoria Embankment /Upper Thames street /lower Thames street at THE TOWER over double lights onto A1203 to limehouse tunnel when you come out of tunnel canary wharf and fish market are on right don’t go over flyover turn left onto A1206 right onto A13 at 1st LIGHTS LEFT onto A12 DO NOT GO THROUGH TUNNEL follow a12 just after sharp right-hand bend (under a bridge ) get over to the left and onto A106 market on left at sherrin road
To get back to Heathrow just do the reverse DON’T USE M25 it’ll use all your driving time
STICK TO THE ALL THE SPEED LIMITS the old bill do have traps at stupid o’clock is I know I’ve seen them
these are MY routes and i’ll not accept any blame but i’ve been using them for nearly 8 yrs and have had no probs
check google maps to make it clearer
sat navs have a habit of not working in London so don’t rely on them keep the map book handy
if you need any thing else pm me

I would have thought you could be in trouble that way as you are not ‘‘maximising use of excluded roads’’, ie South Circular? Assume also that preece3 has got permits for the vehicle?

Thetaff:
If you have quite a few deliveries in both markets then take some shilling with you and you will get tipped quicker :wink:

And that is a separate topic altogether :laughing: