Cost of getting C+E?

My mate lives in Southampton and is thinking about getting his truck ticket.

Firstly, how much does it cost to get C+E nowadays with all the cost of the lessons, medical, test fees etc?

Secondly, what is a good driving school in Southampton?

Cheers!

Have to get C first before C&E

My costs were

Medical Forty quid

C test inc theory book and paying for theory test and practical test fee was 1200

Passed that first time luckily so no retest fees

C&E inc test fee cost me 989 quid

Again passed first time, you would have to factor in re test fees and initial cpc training and test fees if he does it after 10th Sept this year

so all in all I paid around 2230quid

Have a look at ROGS Recommended list of training providers, i’m sure he’ll be along soon to pitch in on this topic :smiley:

I can highly recommend Zenith in Lee on Solent,as will Giblsa and that bus driver who keeps breaking down :wink:
Medicals I dont know,sure somebody will though,check Zeniths web site for prices,about £950 if I remember correctly,www.zenithdriver.co.uk.
Simon :sunglasses:

Harry Monk:
My mate lives in Southampton and is thinking about getting his truck ticket.

Firstly, how much does it cost to get C+E nowadays with all the cost of the lessons, medical, test fees etc?

I would say that having £3.000 to play with is a good idea - possible retests etc
I would increase that recommendation of £3.000 after Sept 10 this year due to the intro of the new INITIAL driver CPC - more training & tests = extra money!!

Harry Monk:
Secondly, what is a good driving school in Southampton?

Cheers!

garnerlives:
Have a look at ROGS Recommended list of training providers, i’m sure he’ll be along soon to pitch in on this topic

Hi Harry -
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: