C+E training

Hi, my name is Emma and I’ve held my C licence for 8 years and now I’d like to train for the C+E licence. Are there any companies that would train me in house? Do companies actually do that even? Or will I have to find the £1300 and then apply for jobs? Cpc is fully up to date. I’m in Kent btw. Thanks

Rooki3:
Hi, my name is Emma and I’ve held my C licence for 8 years and now I’d like to train for the C+E licence. Are there any companies that would train me in house? Do companies actually do that even? Or will I have to find the £1300 and then apply for jobs? Cpc is fully up to date. I’m in Kent btw. Thanks

Your best bet is to get full time employment on C with a company that has C+E trucks then approach them say after 6 months with a request

Most drivers end up paying for their C+E

1300 is a bit high - try giving Flair LGV training a call

Thank you for replying. I’ll look into the lgv training company you mentioned ☺

£1,300 is very high considering you already have your class 2 license, it is going to cost me around that for my medical, CPC, theory/hazard, and 20 hours training+test, I would shop around a bit and find yourself a better deal, I would imagine you could easily find somewhere that would knock at least £300 off that price.

Think I paid less than £950 for mine.

+1 for Flair LGV

If you have had your licence for 8 years and have driven a fair bit, the weekend course is a great price (about £650) and John is a good trainer so you will pass no problem.

I got my licence back yesterday and i’m still well chuffed :smiley:

I passed with John at Flair but it shouldnt cost you that much

Do shop around go visit the company before you part with any money

I’ve booked a free driving assessment with Kent Metro…They will then decide how much training I need. The prices aren’t too bad as long as I don’t need too many hours, lol.
He’s saying it would be quicker, easier and cheaper to do my training in an automatic…only thing is…I’ve never driven an automatic anything :confused:

Rooki3:
I’ve booked a free driving assessment with Kent Metro…They will then decide how much training I need. The prices aren’t too bad as long as I don’t need too many hours, lol.
He’s saying it would be quicker, easier and cheaper to do my training in an automatic…only thing is…I’ve never driven an automatic anything :confused:

Whatever type of gearbox it is it will be different from what you have been used to so it makes no difference
You will find the same post test throughout your LGV career

Tbh i think its fair to say the way transport is going a they will all end up been auto’s !
I wouldnt worry about it much its 1 less thing to stress about and under test the last thing you want to be stressing is, is it high or low range switch up switch down. Good luck in which ever you drive

Quick run through of an auto Funniest BMW Auto complaint you’ll ever hear: youtu.be/JMJhOSdxQVg

Well the last 3 days I have been out in a manual DAF & Scania both analog tach as well so be careful

1 was easy as a straight 6 speed the other just had high / low 4 over 4 box