Cost for doing both C & C+E post 10 Sept 2009?

I was advising those that were going for C & C+E to have about £3,000 ready in case of retests and the quote from philmots who has done both quite recently bears this out…

philmots:
if i passed both tests 2nd time then it would be closer to £3000!!!

… now, with the extra cost of THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC and the possibility of retests, I ought to revise my thinking on the amount someone should have ready to £3,500.00 if going for C & C+E :question:

I know prices differ aroung the Uk and from trainer to trainer but am I that far off the mark :question:

I was quoted £120 for one of the modules and £65 for the other from a company up north on top of the normal training fee for my cat c resit if i did it after sept 10th. So all in all it should be an extra £200 pound on top of the norm for an intensive course. :confused: Oh yeah and he said he’d throw in a £65 day course on the skid pan if i pass for free :laughing:

skinnytrucker:
I was quoted £120 for one of the modules and £65 for the other from a company up north on top of the normal training fee

I would be wary - the normal training fee could be the cost of hiring the truck to do the module 4 if it cannot be booked directly before or after the mod 3 on-road test which could amount to quite a bit - worth checking IMO.
The mod 4 might have to be on a different day to mod 3

That could be £200 + truck/instructor hire of £■■?

Ah Rog as always the bearer of good news :open_mouth: I’ll have to do some more phoning to confirm how much my retest is gonna cost, looks like its gonna be after sept 10th as the cars clutch has decided its time for early retirement.

I’d agree you can’t be far off the mark @ £3500 inc CPC and a couple of retests (that aren’t un-common)

On a seperate note i’m soo glad i got in before the 10th Sept! If i didn’t it would of probably put me off doing it, period.

philmots:
I’d agree you can’t be far off the mark @ £3500 inc CPC and a couple of retests (that aren’t un-common)

On a seperate note i’m soo glad i got in before the 10th Sept! If i didn’t it would of probably put me off doing it, period.

Exactly why i am saying that there will be a driver shortage again soon. There are more people leaving the industry than there is entering. The higher cost for training will put people off as well.

/more jobs for us :smiley: