Wannabe driver in need of clear answer

Hi everyone, Right, i’ve looked around the forum, I’ve had a read of the sticky’s but i’m still not 100% sure

I’m after getting C+E on my driving licence, I’ve phoned 3 different “driving schools” / “Driver training places” I’ve been told 3 different things and been told it will cost 3 different prices, with all most £2300 difference from highest to lowest.

I passed my driving test in 1993, I have C1+E on licence and would really like to know what the steps from here to C+E are and what i should expect to pay.

I presume the first thing i need is a medical and provisional entitlement, then where?

also are there any handy tips to keeping the costs down.

I realise this question will of been answered a million times before, but i am still confused.

Many thanks
Dan

rog will be along in a minute to give you all the helpful answers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome mad-dan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

mad-dan:
I passed my driving test in 1993, I have C1+E on licence and would really like to know what the steps from here to C+E

This is the basic version of the INITIAL driver CPC to see the in-depth version CLICK HERE

Modules 2 & 4 not needed if got C1 on licence which you do have so this is your route -

MEDICAL
APPLY FOR C PROVISIONAL (tick D on form as well, it’s free, and it may be handy later)

Module 1a theory questions - multiple choice - LGV THEORY BOOK and/or training by LGV school
Module 1b HPT - HPT DVD and/or training by LGV school

Module 3 practical drive - Training for this by LGV school. DSA LGV test centers & routes

Both modules 1a & 1b must be passed before taking 3.

1a & 1b done at theory test centre - BOOK YOUR OWN THEORY TESTS or by LGV training school
module 3 done at LGV driving test centre

Modules 1a, 1b & 3 to get the LGV LICENCE

All the theory & CPC books/CDs in one package

mad-dan:
been told it will cost 3 different prices, with all most £2300 difference from highest to lowest.

What exactly were they quoting prices for :question:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

This is what ot cost me, which is probably typical - scroll down the thread… Sorry Guys - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

hi i have just passed my cat c first time today cost me £715 for 20hrs and test was included. my instructor said it would cost £815 for C+E for 20hrs but could be less as he does an initial drive to acess how many hours you need. he is based in hindley green and i would recomend him highly as he is a top instructor. need any info pm me.

aidie1985:
i have just passed my cat c first time today

Many congrats Aidie1985 bet ur over the moon…i know i was when i heard those magical words :grimacing:

Mad-Dan i wish u all the best on the training and keep us updated on how it goes. :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome aidie1985 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

aidie1985:
he is based in hindley green and i would recomend him highly as he is a top instructor. need any info pm me.

You are allowed to name the company on here - that’s how I got all those in the recommended by members list :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Advertising by those that work for training companies is not allowed without permission (site rules)

Did you do the initial driver cpc or were you exempt perhaps by having a C1 on your licence already :question:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

ROG:
You are allowed to name the company on here

aidie1985
FROM HERE
:
hi just a quick one for other people to see. i would like to recomend a company which i have found really good as i passed my test for cat C first time this morning and i was with a company called “Hindley Green LGV Training” based in the wigan area and run by Paul Tunstall. This guy does cat C, C+E, initial CPC at very reasonable prices and he has a very high first time pass rate and a very good techneque of teaching. overall i really enjoyed my training and i am going back for my CPC then my C+E. here below are his details

contact: Paul Tunstall on 01942 207503 / 07977248689 E.Mail- paultunstall@blueyonder.co.uk

He is also based 5mins from atherton test centre so from day 1 you are on the test routes.