Container companies in the north west

anyone know any firms doing containers in the liverpool/warrington/manchester kind of area? any info gratefully recieved…

You after a job or subby work :question:

im looking for a job mate

Here’s some of the bigger firms

Trafford Park
Hanbury Davies (run from Felixstowe)
DHL
Maritime
P&O (recently bought out so :question: )
Freightliner

Liverpool and Surrounding areas
Gipping
JMD
Greycourts
Gracechurch
Freightliner

thanks big Joe

:slight_smile: O’Connors, Widnes
Johnson’s, Burscough,nr. Ormskirk
DHL,Upton,Wirral (work out of Seaforth)
Bergen Transport,Trafford Park.

CCS , Coastal Container Services in Seaforth dock are always after drivers.

Deesider:
:slight_smile: O’Connors, Widnes
Johnson’s, Burscough,nr. Ormskirk
DHL,Upton,Wirral (work out of Seaforth)
Bergen Transport,Trafford Park.

Barkers at Burscough would be a better bet than Johnsons - you won’t get in there at the moment.

i have seen a firm in newton le willows there called colliers dont know anything about them but all they do is container work. Its not to far from warrington. www.d-dgcollierhaulage.co.uk [/url]

thanks all,thats a good number to work on :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :smiley:

Quipree:
anyone know any firms doing containers in the liverpool/warrington/manchester kind of area? any info gratefully recieved…

Not to mention Elite Transport, Stanian Transport & Goldstar, all in Manchester Containerbase…

Had my class one just over a year, trunked bread for a bit (horrific job, don’t EVER do it), now I’m on general for a small family firm: is container work a good number?
If so, any firms in North Birmingham worthy of a mention?

GeeFour:
Had my class one just over a year, trunked bread for a bit (horrific job, don’t EVER do it), now I’m on general for a small family firm: is container work a good number?
If so, any firms in North Birmingham worthy of a mention?

Try Bowmur at Cannock; also Roadways in Birmingham are moving to Tanworth next year.

Container work is a good number on that it’s easy! If you can undo 4 locks you’re away!

Isn’t roadways P & O, who’ve been bought out?
Containers: I don’t mind nights out (as long as the trucks ok), but isn’t there a lot of waiting about?
Saying that, I’d sooner wait at docks, than at an rdc!

GeeFour:
Containers: I don’t mind nights out (as long as the trucks ok), but isn’t there a lot of waiting about?

Roadways Container Logistics was P&O Roadways in years gone by. More recently, it was a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal P&O Nedlloyd, in whom P&O held only a 25% share. As a result of being their taken over, RCL is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maersk.

Waiting about at docks as not as bad this year, as work is definitely down. There can be waiting about at storage depots and especially at some import tips, where they handballing off loads of cheap and nasty stuff from the Far East

240 Gardner:

GeeFour:

did quipree have any luck on any of them container firms in the north west