Container work

I am interested in working containers but have no experience. I live in cheshire ,so close to manchester and liverpool. Does anyone know of a good company/agency that would train me up from scratch?

Thanks

Have you looked through the driver jobs ? I don’t know who does containers around that area but you get a foot in the door from agency, although I would shop around first.

They’ll all train you up in as much as they can - ie use of sliders etc - but there’s no training for the ports and docks, just ask on here or ask other drivers at the point and you’ll get help (99% of the time)

Job’s a doddle, just drive it as if it’s full of the worst chemical you can imagine in liquid form with no baffles and you won’t go far wrong :grimacing:

Stobart Ports at Widnes were recently recruiting…

isn’t there a big pentavler depot up that way too?

Buckley Transport

Palm Business Centre/Stock La, Oldham
OL9 9ER
0161 628 5757

Nearest pentavler is cannock

There’s a rail freight i know in Birmingham, (containers). I was there a couple of years ago .

Maritime in that area ?
Buy a bicycle to get away for a few hours while unloading the container, handball drops can be up to six hours with tea breaks and numerous shift changes.
After a while , you get to know the empty parks over the UK.

There’s loads of firms doing containers in Manchester and Liverpool. Lack of experience won’t matter as there’s not much to learn. Manchester has Maritime, Freightliner, Deben, Turners, Stanian and a few others. Liverpool has Maritime, Freightliner, JMD and a few others. Maritime gets a bad time on here but they are ok to work for, long hours if tramping but good kit if you get your own. If its day work your after then I’d say your best bet would be a Liverpool firm because the traffic commuting to Manchester would drive you mad.

Thanks