Greycourts

Has anyone had any dealings with Greycourts (Containers out of Liverpool).
They say they are flat out with work out of Seaforth and that they would look after me with work all year round. Any info would be much appreciated.

The only problem with going in to Seaforth is going in to Seaforth :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

As for Greycourts, sorry, can’t help

Winacanton are busy… but the rates are nothing special at the moment, even with 10% fuel surcharge, we find alot of the work is 4th hand by the time we do it, so somebody is making money for shuffling paper.

Think you will struggle to break £1800 for 5 days at the moment.

First & most importantly, you WILL get paid!!! I used to work for them in between the bits of Euro work I was doing at the time & for quite long periods worked almost exclusively for them. The depot manager is a good mate of mine but even when I was working for them is ‘cut no mustard’ with the trafic guys, it’s better now than it was in 2005 with work management, as for the workload, sorry but I have no idea.

Ross.

Thanks pal, thats all I needed to know.

WHERE IS THE LIGHT:
Thanks pal, thats all I needed to know.

report back in 2 months time :wink:

Ello Jessicas Dad,
Will do Pal.

struggle to get £1800 for 5 days is that doing distance or locals ?

Ello Lee.
It looks like a struggle for me to get out of bed come next Monday morning then pal!

i no that feeling i think greycourt are not to bad used to go in there years ago not had much to do with them lately its as shuttle says its seaforth thats the problem 3 to 4hr delays of late ive been hearing ive got one full time locals on containers and me doing spot hire both working out of trafford park i try my best to stay away from seaforth but to be fair f.liner can be as bad if you time it wrong .1800 would be a very good week its dead at the mo

I think ill give that Seaforth a wide berth for now(parden the pun). Does anyone know anything about Kersey Freight ?

Sorry Lee (wheres my manners) Thanks for your information pal.

lee mat:

Distance, start the week out of Seaforth and head towards Southampton, then Felixstowe, Birmingham, Liverpool, tip/ load locally Fri PM. about 7 boxes per week.

debating on mixing in some distance work to keep going whilst its quiet been offered felix a few times what do you think of the rate

Cold Up North:

lee mat:

Distance, start the week out of Seaforth and head towards Southampton, then Felixstowe, Birmingham, Liverpool, tip/ load locally Fri PM. about 7 boxes per week.

One word of advice, don’t let them work out of Southampton!!! If they ask you before tipping in there to load a local, GET THE RATE!!! If he says he doesn’t know he’s talking ‘testicles’ and just putting you off to work for some of the worst rates in transport. I don’t know why the rates from that particular port are so bad, but they are? (or were!!)

A couple of years ago a mate of mine had a truck on for them & Greycourt used to give the driver his instruction and only dealt with the owner over paperwork & payment. They loaded the truck with 2 emptys & sent it to So’ton, the driver told my mate who questioned Arthur who reassured him that it would “pay well” (more than empty movement rate) The fact is the lazy sod just needed another truck to work out of Southampton for the week so just used empty’s to ‘get him down there’. The following week Jeff (the trucks owner) was checking the confirmations & they’d paid him £110 to run 240 miles!! When he pulled them he got the usual “we’ll make it up to you on another job”, yea right, we all know that “another job” never comes along. He pulled the truck off there & then.

Don’t let them walk all over you & you should be OK.

Good luck, Ross.

they can defo take the you no what a few months ago loaded out of manchester for near york empty to f.liner leeds empty out of r.ways leeds to load halifax for seaforth across the 62 phone call 'jobs cancelled keep going got you a job out of seaforth ’ bite ya lip kept going into seaforth phone call ‘job out of seaforth cancelled get down oconnors job tipping manchester in the morn’ set off with a lip now very sore and get another phone call on way to oconnors ‘job out of oconnors is cancelled go back to your yard got you a box out of f.liner but it aint due in the morn’ run the hole day for sweet f a worked out about fifty something pence a mile should of told them to shove it there and then have done 1 day for them since x mas after nearly two years full time with one full time and 1 doing spot hire every crap job they had adr waste scap never turned a job down what a mug dropped with no notice as to whats going on never again i do the work i want now not what they want your bang on dont let them walk all over you

I dont think I met Arthur. Just one Guy who could do with a haircut and One who would love the Oportunity, The only other one was a secatary but I didnt catch his name pal. :confused:

lee mat:

Thats ok is’nt it? I mean they are paying your fuel on top of that are’nt they? :grimacing:

WTF is going on with transport what kind of bell “lines” end would put an artic out for that kind of money■■?

fly sheet:
WTF is going on with transport what kind of bell “lines” end would put an artic out for that kind of money■■?

It’s insane isn’t it? I would be happy with £1800/week as long as I didn’t need to use more than about 300 litres of diesel to do it!

Paul

whats a good weeks earnings then and how much fuel would you use for doing it