Class 1 drivers Merseyside

Hi all I am after a bit of help please.i moved up to widnes 2 years ago and looking for a good company to work for In the Merseyside area,or if any one knows if any one is looking for drivers at the moment.i have 11 years class 1 experience,ADR in tanks and packages and all my cpc completed.any one’s advice and help would be really appreciated.

Arm yourself up with copies of your CV and go knocking on doors, off the top of my head youve got Runcorn, Knowsley and the new development at Burtonwood.

Shouldnt have any bother getting on around widnes. If your looking for quick moneyband dont mind agency work then I know of 2 agencys who are looking for drivers asap. 1 for stobarts tesco work out of widnes or container work at garston for freight liner. Epl recruitment is the tesco one and pertemps in liverpool needing drivers for freight liner. Google the numbers.

As for employed work there are places you can call such as dhl in liverpool. I know they were looking for drivers but you would be employed by burtons biscuits. Then theres mcburneys on 01514721600. Jmd in liverpool docks are looking for adr container drivers too.

Huktra tankers are looking for drivers in widnes although not a clue what they’re like to work for.

B+M Speke and Home Bargains are always advertising just brush up on your polish.

Thanks for the advice guys got my cv’s at the ready for some door knocking tomorrow.

stesuv1:
Huktra tankers are looking for drivers in widnes although not a clue what they’re like to work for.

rubbish

If youve got ADR in tanks and experience,Id go knocking on doors.Plenty of chemical places in Widnes and Stanlow.

iankav:
If youve got ADR in tanks and experience,Id go knocking on doors.Plenty of chemical places in Widnes and Stanlow.

Suttons off Gorsey lane widnes Chemical tankers, good conditions good pay, cira £30-37000
send a cv

Brenntag treat you like a knob (Agency work £10 ph, and (will lay you off when quiet)
Tramping work available now

Home bargains in Knowsley, about £10 ph days and £30000 nights (salaried) the transport manager is terrible!!!
H&B are under investigation by the H&S, a new driver got killed a few months ago at one of their stores by the tail lift.
send a cv

B&M pay rubbish…forget them

Brakes in Warrington, in the new park off the M62, don’t know what their paying? mainly class 2 but they are moving into class 1 work soon, jobs advertised on Indeed agency at the minute.

There are gas jobs advertised out of stanlow now but can’t think who with? Google ‘lgv driver jobs’ and you will find it.

Stobarts widnes (Tesco)
TRS Agency St.Helens…I think?

Huktra will work you for a hundred hours a week and tramping, £32000 ish

Hope this helps you out, all of the above are taking on now. Good luck

Hello mate, I work for Brenntag in Tan House Lane, Widnes. I don’t think they’re recruiting at the moment but it wouldn’t do you any harm to call in with your cv, the yard managers name is Colin and he’s a good egg. Easily the best firm I’ve ever worked for.

Failing that Suttons yard is opposite, Imperial Tankers yard is next door and Industrial Chemicals is down the road, as is Solution Tankers.

GCA is also in widnes and they are advertising at the moment.

Good luck with the door knocking, it’s the best way to get yourself in somewhere.

Ken

Just for the record fleettrainer, Brenntag don’t treat you like a knob unless you are one?
And most of Suttons drivers have got there name down in our place as most of the work they do is for us, also £10 p/h is way off the mark. Suggest you get your facts right before you start giving out zb information, zb.

Try Gussions Tankers in Widnes they’ve just moved from under the Runcorn bridge in that dreaded swamp of a yard to a lovely level ground yard on ditton road.

Huktra is hard graft just like isotank but there’s a company called univar next door I do believe all three are lucking for drivers

Is there any vacancies at the airport on aircraft refuelling.?

great93:
Try Gussions Tankers in Widnes they’ve just moved from under the Runcorn bridge in that dreaded swamp of a yard to a lovely level ground yard on ditton road.

Huktra is hard graft just like isotank but there’s a company called univar next door I do believe all three are lucking for drivers

I wondered where they went to! Was that the company with all the blue and silver tankers visible on the left hand side of the road going towards the bridge (to Runcorn), or am I thinking of something different :question:

Tarrman:

great93:

I wondered where they went to! Was that the company with all the blue and silver tankers visible on the left hand side of the road going towards the bridge (to Runcorn), or am I thinking of something different :question:

Yeah your right :slight_smile: drivers are like a pig in ■■■■ dropping trailers on level ground now lol