Looking for container work

im returning to driving after a 12 month absence due to a blood clot on the brain,but fit and well now,i want to go back to a box jockey as i got 7 years under my belt with them, it suited me down to the ground good hours and decent pay,but the firm i was on for as ceased trading ,any suggestions around staffs/mids who might be taking on soon tramping only with decent kit…cheers

Pentalvers, Roadways…both in Midlands…There’s others but i can’t think of em right now. Have you googled it?

What’s the difference in heavy Haulage and container work,
Thanks in advance,

Thanks degsy i live by pentalvers but wouldnt touch em with a barge pole,i worked for bowmur before they took over who was good to work for,but didnt last long with that shower when they come in and changed everything,iv googled it m8 but dont show the small hauliers round here who are the best to work for,im in no rush anyway but if u remember any give me a shout …cheers, and the difference with heavy haulage and the box’s is u dont touch anything on a container apart from the twist locks and ur kettle,unlike heavy haulage where u get covered in ■■■■ on quarry’s and building sites and its bloody hard work specially when u got to chain a 740 on at hull dock in the pouring rain :open_mouth:

could try Maritime at Hams Hall.

for smaller operators, get you flask, some butties and a pen and paper and go and sit outside roadways/pentalver and see who is coming and going.

T Baker at Oldbury. Seem to have jobs quite a bit on their gate.

ST Douglas at Stafford. Tollgate Ind Estate I think.

Haywards at Walsall.

Squires at bloxwich.

Midland Container Logistics at Aldridge.

Goldstar at Aldridge.

Can’t think of any more box firms local to Cannock off the top of my head that haven’t been mentioned.

cheers lads much appreciated :stuck_out_tongue: