Class 1 initial CPC requirement?

Hi!
I presume this question has been put a many times but I wanted to know wether one needs to do the initial CPC test before taking the C+E test. I’d already done my Cat C a while back but I had passed my car test after 1997. the DSA website isn’t very helpful spinning around their own tail with obtuse repetitive information. Perhaps you guys know exactly what the crack is with it. Regards,

No you do not have to do the initial cpc if you already have your Class C, I’ll wait for ROG to come and say the same thing, purely so he can get his post count up :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome sirgarlicbreath :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
When you next post please can you refrain from breathing on the screen as I hate garlic :wink: :laughing:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sirgarlicbreath:
the DSA website isn’t very helpful spinning around their own tail with obtuse repetitive information. Perhaps you guys know exactly what the crack is with it

I hope we can make it easy to understand -
THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC - NOT for upgrading to CE
THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC - This one is for you

For CE all you need is the training & test - you will be asked 2 safety questions (you were asked 5 when you did C) - CE provisional should already be on your licence

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

told you :laughing:

You can set your watch to this fellow, think he’s got a built in new poster tracking system built into him :stuck_out_tongue:

At least I was polite and said ‘Welcome’ :wink: :laughing:

You’ve had more practise at it than me :wink:

Open a ROG Trucknet etiquette CPC school??
:smiley:

garnerlives:
Open a ROG Trucknet etiquette CPC school?? :smiley:

I’ll start with…

:laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for the welcome and everything guys. I do not make too many friends with this breath in the morning I admit, but garlic’s good for you. I haven’t caught a cold in years and it’s just because I pop at least four cloves once a week with my supper.

Now I need to get a grand together for the training. My last instructor told me that’s alot easier than class 2s as you get to straddle lanes and get away with less lane discipline at junctions etc. Apparently the reversing exercise takes most of the practice time.

Cheers

sirgarlicbreath:
Apparently the reversing exercise takes most of the practice time.

REALLY !! - I spent most of my time with my CE trainees on the public highways

A couple of hours to get the reversing cracked on day 1 then return to the pad most days for a ‘quick one’ to check they still ‘got it’ would be the norm.

The ‘underpinning’ knowledge on the CE reverse is the important bit - with that knowledge CE reversing becomes pleasurable and relatively easy.
If your instructor just teaches you how to do the test reverse then you will have all sorts of issues post test.

You NEED to KNOW that when you do this, then that will happen because… and not, turn the wheel so much this way, then look for a bit on the trailer, when you see that do this, etc, etc… I think you see my point

ROG:

sirgarlicbreath:

A couple of hours to get the reversing cracked on day 1 then return to the pad most days for a ‘quick one’ to check they still ‘got it’ would be the norm.

The ‘underpinning’ knowledge on the CE reverse is the important bit - with that knowledge CE reversing becomes pleasurable and relatively easy.
If your instructor just teaches you how to do the test reverse then you will have all sorts of issues post test.

You NEED to KNOW that when you do this, then that will happen because… and not, turn the wheel so much this way, then look for a bit on the trailer, when you see that do this, etc, etc… I think you see my point

Sorry but i am laughing my ■■■ off

sirgarlicbreath:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Sorry but i am laughing my ■■■ off

If you have a more ‘professional’ way of doing it with your 26+ years of experience then please let us in on it… I’m sure we will be enlightened :slight_smile:

This sdepends entirely on the trainee. Some trainees pick up the reversing quicker than others so its relative.
Dont worry if you cant pick it up straight away because any good instructor will allow you all the time you need to grasp the rudiments of reversing a bendy and I am sure you will be confident by the time you get to the test centre.