Initial CPC

Sure it’s on here somewhere if anybody can answer or point me in right direction it would be appreciated.
Just employed guy as a 3.5ton Driver. Pleased with him he’s got C1 on his licence and I want to get him driving 7.5ts which he used to do pre CPC. Probably if he stays later 18ton rigids.
I want to put him through his initial CPC, am I right in saying he has to do his Part 2 and part 4. If so how do I go about it.
The guy has already passed his part 1 theory and hazard perception but was over 2 years ago but I don’t think that’s a requirement for him to get his C1 CPC.

Johnbo:
Sure it’s on here somewhere if anybody can answer or point me in right direction it would be appreciated.
Just employed guy as a 3.5ton Driver. Pleased with him he’s got C1 on his licence and I want to get him driving 7.5ts which he used to do pre CPC. Probably if he stays later 18ton rigids.
I want to put him through his initial CPC, am I right in saying he has to do his Part 2 and part 4. If so how do I go about it.
The guy has already passed his part 1 theory and hazard perception but was over 2 years ago but I don’t think that’s a requirement for him to get his C1 CPC.

To get his first DQC (driver cpc card) he has two choices - pass both tests modules 2 theory and 4 practical OR attend 35 hours of periodic training (no tests)

As over 2 years has elapsed since passing mods 1a + 1b then he needs to do those again before going for the LGV C test

Under these circumstances it can be really tricky to get Mod 2. Go onto the gov website and see if it is available for him. If it is, great. If not, either start the endless round of phone calls to DVLA or, a lot easier, get the 35 hours done. It’s a fact that the DVLA computer system is outdated and this causes the hassle.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: