Advice please !

Hi all after a bit of advice! Having passed my class C a few years ago and the intention at the time was to go straight on to do my class 1 test but never got round to it ! So what do I need to do now to go through my class 1 (c+e?) test ? I don’t have any cpc having not done any driving for a few years ! Also if anyone has any suggestions for where to get training in the north east/Scottish borders that would be most helpful thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple! All you need is training and test. No theories involved. If you passed your car test before 1997 you may be able to get some cpc hours from your CE course. Some, but not all, providers offer this.

You will need cpc before you can drive professionally; this can be done either by completing 35 hours periodic training (as above) or by going down the “initial cpc” route. This is a case study test conducted at your local theory test centre followed by Mod 4 which is a practical demonstration test. Training is recommended for this and your trainer should be able to sort this out for you.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the reply ! It’s the cpc thing I’m unsure of ! Can I just go and do my driving test then the cpc at a later date ?

farmerdriver:
Thanks for the reply ! It’s the cpc thing I’m unsure of ! Can I just go and do my driving test then the cpc at a later date ?

Yes as far as I’m aware but I’m sure you can,just can’t drive professionally till you have your CPC.

Can I just go and do my driving test then the cpc at a later date ?

Yes.

But it wont be much use to you unless your work falls into one of the exemptions.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the replies, just sorting options out, no job or anything like that just after adding a few more qualifications to my cv, possiblity of a job in the future but a long time yet (2+yrs) so plenty of time ! I hope !