c + e training

forgive me but if i passed my class c 3 years ago am i right in saying i can do my c and e training straight away i dont need another medical or theory test.And would i have to do my cpc or am i right in saying i have to do it within a certain amount of years…cheers in advance

Correct, no need for another medical or theory.

ruddio:
forgive me but if i passed my class c 3 years ago am i right in saying i can do my c and e training straight away i dont need another medical or theory test.And would i have to do my cpc or am i right in saying i have to do it within a certain amount of years…cheers in advance

Correct no medical no theory no CPC no time limit…just go along for your assessment…training and test…all the best Rick.

thanks for replies,as said passed class c 3 years ago and at time was lucky to get work straight away with usual multi drop work for a couple of firms mentioned in past on here but (LESSON FOR NEWBIES HERE) found i was doing very long days and very hard manual work and to top it off had small accident in usual rush forgot about the overhang of the truck and took out a wall…Hence my confidence was shattered and left to go back to van man courier work.For last year i have been working for a well known supermarket driving vans delivering bloody shopping.anyway to cut a long story short i might have a chance to be trained up for class one and transfer over to distribution in supermarket,so fingers crossed i could be very lucky will keep you posted and my point to newbies is take a start anywhere and build up your experience and confidence and dont have regrets like i do about walking away from my dream and since then due to recession struggled to get back into hgv work remember we all start somewhere …Hope i havent bored everyone too much and you understand my point.

Good luck with the class 1

ruddio:
… and my point to newbies is take a start anywhere and build up your experience and confidence

Hi ruddio, That’s a great point mate, and it shows that you have (IMHO) the right attitude if you don’t mind me saying so.

There are quite a number of newbies who have come on here complaining (quite bitterly) that they couldn’t get a start. The problem faced by many of them was their own attitude, because they thought they had an automatic right to be let loose with a fully loaded artic just after they’d passed their test. :unamused: :unamused:

All too often, I’ve read such things as “I’ve paid £xxxx for my licence” and noticed they were genuinely surprised and put out that nobody would give them a start when they had zero experience. Your method may seem somewhat convoluted and possibly time consuming, but I reckon it’ll get you to where you want to be and at a sensible pace. :wink:

Once you’ve done that and got some experience under your belt, I’d say that you can then start thinking in terms of having choices, but I think you’d be surprised at what might come your way just by keeping your head down and your ears open for opportunities. :smiley:

Good luck with your C+E mate, and softly softly catchee monkey. :wink:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for C+E ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley:

Good luck with the Class 1 training!! :smiley: Tip for reversing…turn the stering wheel so the bottom is facing the way you want the trailer to go.

Once you’ve passed remember if your not sure backing in some where or anything just think GOAL - Get Out And Look and take your time.

Thank you diesel dave for your kind comments ,as said i admit now i learnt the hard way and look forward fingers crossed to a second chance.