Another newbie from Norfolk

Hi everyone. I am finally doing something that I have wanted to do for years. I used to travel all over the country for business, running a fleet of vans, and pleasure but I have been stuck in one place for the last 4 years and I hate it.

I have signed up with a company offering free C+E as long as I pass a CPC course. I only pay for the C training. I have only just discovered this site or I would have asked for opinions but I have paid now so stuck with it. Seems a good deal though, they must get a grant from somewhere.

Anyway, I passed my theory test last Thursday and now waiting for dates for my training and test.

Good luck to all you other newbies, especially from Norfolk!

Hi Roadrebel

Welcome to TruckNet UK

keep us posted how you get on with the training scheme, it will be interesting to see how it works
( there’s been some doubts about the scheme in discussions on here :wink: )

If I had found this site first then I probably would have gone elsewhere so lets see what happens.

I thought the CPC would be useful as it is soon to be compulsory and the cost was way below anyone else for C and C+E.

I will post my experiences with this company as they happen.

Hello roadrebel, I’m also a newbie. Having medical Friday with a view to getting training very soon.
Who is company you are getting that CPC deal with? Can you give more details of what is involved?

Thanks

roadrebel:
If I had found this site first then I probably would have gone elsewhere so lets see what happens.

I thought the CPC would be useful as it is soon to be compulsory and the cost was way below anyone else for C and C+E.

Welcome from me too.

There’s a common misconception about CPC, so I’ll sort it for you. There’s two possible CPCs for mangers- National and/or International. There’s also a relatively new one confusingly called “driver’s CPC.” THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. :open_mouth: There’s also an NVQ2 in “driving goods vehicles” that you could do.

As has been correctly said, there’s a whiff of government funding to do with this. No harm in that at all, :bulb: but check the terms and conditions carefully so that you comply with your side of the bargain. There are a number of different schemes around at the moment.

There’s plenty of good guys on here, so keep posting. GOOD LUCK AND DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK THE GUYS ON HERE FOR ADVICE.

Welcome roadrebel

Welcome i’m pretty new too and from norfolk even tho i’ve moved over the boarder now!!!

dieseldave:
There’s a common misconception about CPC, so I’ll sort it for you. There’s two possible CPCs for mangers- National and/or International. There’s also a relatively new one confusingly called “driver’s CPC.” THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. :open_mouth:

Dieseldave is right, there are two sorts of CPC ( I’m counting CPC haulage Nat & Int as one here :wink: )

This causing a lot of confusion

there’s some links explaining the differences in a post of mine half way down this thread
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22726

Hi! RoadRebel. 2 Norfolk newbies in as many nights, what’s going on round here?
I don’t know alot about this scheme, but check about the CPC, remember if you pass you test before the drivers CPC come in then you won’t have to pass it untill 2014, so is it worth the money?

muckles:
Hi! RoadRebel. 2 Norfolk newbies in as many nights, what’s going on round here?
I don’t know alot about this scheme, but check about the CPC, remember if you pass you test before the drivers CPC come in then you won’t have to pass it untill 2014, so is it worth the money?

Hi Muckles, I have paid less than the combined C and C+E cost and as long as I pass the CPC then the artic course is funded by a grant so it seems a good deal.

dieseldave:

roadrebel:

Welcome from me too.

There’s a common misconception about CPC, so I’ll sort it for you. There’s two possible CPCs for mangers- National and/or International. There’s also a relatively new one confusingly called “driver’s CPC.” THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. :open_mouth: There’s also an NVQ2 in “driving goods vehicles” that you could do.

As has been correctly said, there’s a whiff of government funding to do with this. No harm in that at all, :bulb: but check the terms and conditions carefully so that you comply with your side of the bargain. There are a number of different schemes around at the moment.

There’s plenty of good guys on here, so keep posting. GOOD LUCK AND DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK THE GUYS ON HERE FOR ADVICE.

As far as I know it’s CPC National. Thats what it says on the invoice anyway!

keano1:
Hello roadrebel, I’m also a newbie. Having medical Friday with a view to getting training very soon.
Who is company you are getting that CPC deal with? Can you give more details of what is involved?

Thanks

It’s Sterling. If you pay for the rigid and CPC then as long as you pass both then artic course and test is fully funded.

roadrebel:
As far as I know it’s CPC National. Thats what it says on the invoice anyway!

CPC national will always be handy to have.

CPC National isn’t not the one that’s going to become compulsory for drivers, because that’s normally for Transport Managers. It’s normally quite expensive when taken on its own, so it looks like you’re getting a good bargain from this training provider. As with any offer, make sure that you have read and understood the small print and asked any relevant questions. It usually saves a lot of grief at some future point.

I wish you good luck.

Thanks Dave, I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Welcome to trucknet roadrebel :slight_smile:

Howdi Road Rebel,
And welcome to Trucknet,You’ll find a great bunch of Guy’s N Gals on here,with plenty of friendly helpful advice.
Enjoy the training with Stirling, Make sure you read the smallprint with regards to the cpc course and Stirling! As i read it ,you have a year from passing the rigid,to pass the cpc otherwise they will not honour it! I took that course in the first place,but once i read the smallprint opted for the self funding course,with as many times as it takes to pass! Didnt need it for the rigid,but its coming in handy for the artic!
Dont take evrything you read as gospel in the brochure! It states that if you have the guaranteed pass you only pay the Dsa Retest Fee, "Blerx !!:
Thats Dsa retest fee,Plus 35 quid pretend admin charge! plus 4% handling fee! But kick up a stink,threaten trading standards and they"ll waive it! The training i personally found to be good, and enjoyable. But dealing with the Head office in Essex is quite a headache, And expect a five week wait for space on the driving course!
Best of luck with it all
and enjoy it :smiley: