Changeing name

Hi folks,

I hesitated but finally I write what I would like to tell you guys. I’ve passed my LGV Class 2 License circa two months ago, but unfortunately I have lots of bad experience to get any or some kind of work as an LGV Class 2 Driver, because of my name. /Gabor Magyar/ :blush:

I’ve been here and working (mostly driving job) in the UK since 2004, so yes unfortunately I am not British (yet) but I am so proud to be here and live with/between you guys in this magnificent country. The whole thing is, my parents were in a wrong place (Hungary) when I was born, although a number of my Hungarian kinfolks were living in the UK since 56, so thats why my first chioce of place to live was UK instead of Hungary, and I don’t mind at all. :slight_smile:

So I think I needed to change my foreign name to a British one as I want to stay in the UK with my family. I know that I never became a proper British just because of this, but when I applied to a job using a new name, the door of the agency was open. Then I received the documents from DEED POLL with my new name on them, I called DH, fixed my CV, sent it over to Driver Hire/Stevenage and I’ll need to take my license and all the documents with me when I sign on with them on Thursday 13-May. So I’ll be full of hope it was worthy. - sorry about my writing -

What do you guys think about it? :open_mouth:

All the best,

Gabby - future /David Parker

would not have thought that would make a diffrence but , if it has well as they say “alls well that ends well bud”

Hi al_p,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes mate, it made lots of difference to me because I’ve got job interviews with four major companies in the next two weeks as an LGV Class 2 Driver.
Also, nobody asking me in the phone anymore: sorry? how do you spell it? so whats your name again? sorry I cannnot take your details. ect. ect.

As I signed on with many of agencies so far, I’ve got only one answer.: ok, we’ll call you. cheers, bye. and I’m still waiting for those calls

So things are rolling well since I’ve changed my name. :smiley:

David

I am not sure if it will help you if you have an accent. I was at School with Mike and Sue Juhasz and their Dad didn’t speak English well, both the kids got bullied until we realised that Sue had a fine pair and the way to get close was to befriend her brother :laughing:

Another Mate who had lived here since 1956 still has a strong accent as both parents only spoke magyar.

Have you contacted some of the Hungarian Transport companies, they may have an opening in an office in the UK.

You will probably get the nickname of Nosey :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Luck.

Thanks Wheel Nut you are right.

It is always very nice to read from an expert.

The fact that I’ve got a huge nose is true. I could carry two dumpling of ice-cream in it easily. :grimacing: Also, yes certainly I’ve got an accent as I’ve been here in the UK about only six years.

"I was at School with Mike and Sue Juhasz " maybe you did learn some words of magyar?

Thank god my children have been completely left their accent as they came here four years ago and went to school straight away. So they made me very proud.

Otherwise, thank you, I’ll do some searches about what hungarian companies are here. Thanks for the idea. Who knows. :open_mouth: But first of all I would like to work for a British one as we are in the UK. Finally, I had a job interview with 3663 today and I think it went well.

I’m sure they knew who I am before they sent me the letter about the interview, because I needed to send my CV and every dokuments well before. As I felt,they first of all are looking for drivers and not spokesmans. But the decision is their, I’ll see what they will say on Tuesday. :question:

Once again, thank you for your info and say both your British and Hungarian friends: Hello.

All the very best,
Nosey. heh