hi all

hi all
new here. so thought i’d say hello.
after many years working to keep you guys up and running (in the tyre department). i’ve finally done my class 2 and got my class 1 18th june.

i passed my test in nov 2006. got my first job in feb 2007. with a local firm in feb. and now i know its not all a bed of roses.
i get plenty of nights out, had curtains slashed twice.
had the joys of a few D.Cs. but mainly i haul timber.

look forward to speaking to you all soon.

Hi Magpie, have moved your post in here so it gets more attention. Welcome to TNUK! :grimacing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Hmm so a class 2 eh…!!!

At least for now you can drive a unit on it’s own…oops silly me :blush:

I think someone sold you a dodgy licence matey :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I would have thought you would be needing a Cat C instead :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

just subbing for the useless part time Pedant :wink:

Marks out of 10 please Neil :smiley:

10/10

Reef, your P45’s in the post.

I think the stand-in pedant is wrong. Surely he needs a C+E

Waiting to shot down in flames. :laughing: :laughing:

Colingl:
I think the stand-in pedant is wrong. Surely he needs a C+E

Waiting to shot down in flames. :laughing: :laughing:

BANG, now burn. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Bugger

Well done mate i have had a CLASS1 for 18 years beats changing tyres at the side of the road

Hi magpie666
WELCOME

Don’t be put off by the pedantry, either the full-time one, or his new understudy.

Coffeeholic is right as usual. Your LGV licence is called “LGV Cat C.” in our day (I’m old) it was called HGV class 2, but that changed on 1/1/97. Now it’s 10 years on I guess old habits die hard.

I guess that you’ve already cottoned on to the idea that you’ve swopped a job in which you were taken for granted, for another of the same. (Out in all weathers, always being asked why you’re so late and also being at someone’s beck and call at any time- bet that sounds familiar, eh?

Anyway, good luck with your LGV Cat C+E and let us know how you get on with it?

in our day (I’m old) it was called HGV class 2

Eeeehhh,when I were a lad… :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome Magpie.

Hope you are enjoying the mix of stroppy gatehouses and goods in herberts,suicidal car drivers,plenty of speed cameras,long hours,summer caravanners,and crap food at eateries.

Standard stuff in the industry actually. :confused:

Ken.

Well I still work prices out in ten bob notes and thrupenny bits :stuck_out_tongue:

Never mind the new fangled language and well done on getting your class 2 LGV :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome magpie666. :smiley:

Nice to see another local on here - I often think our area is under-represented!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with the C+E, and if you want to know anything just go ahead and ask. :wink:

thankyou all for your welcome.

its always been class 1 and 2 to me. i hate this new c, and c+e thing.
same as HGV and LGV.

and i’ve already learned why so many of the HGV drivers i meet on the roadside moaned so much espically about transport managers.
mine can’t even drive anything bigger than a 7.5 and yet knows all there is to no.

magpie666:
its always been class 1 and 2 to me. i hate this new c, and c+e thing.

10 years is new? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :smiley:

You still use a Betamax? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: How you getting on with this new decimal currency? :wink: :wink:

Curtains slashed isnt nice to wake up to but wait till u wake up in the morning to find your fuel tanks empty to the point, you cant make the nearest services.
All fun n games when your out n about.

hello and welcome, driving makes a nice change to tyres, you dont get quite as dirty and wet (well normally!!)

dieseldave:
Hi magpie666
Coffeeholic is right as usual. Your LGV licence is called “LGV Cat C.” in our day (I’m old) it was called HGV class 2, but that changed on 1/1/97. Now it’s 10 years on I guess old habits die hard.
[/quote]
I thought it was in 1990? I got my C+E in 1992 and that’s what it was called then. I remember being worried that I was on the wrong course because I’d enrolled for “Class 1” as advertised in Yellow Pages.
I think the 1997 change was the requirement to pass a C before addding the E?
I got a letter from my Agency last wekeend telling me the rates for Class 1 drivers had gone up 50p. Hope that also apples to me.

Tony1968:
I thought it was in 1990?

Correct, June 1990. I passed my car test in 1992 and it was cat. B whereas previously it would have been A, also got C1, D1 etc… The 1997 quoted refers to different rule changes.

they should re dp the lot too

1 car 2 big car 3 truck 4 bigger truck 5 MAHOOOOSIVE truck