New Driver!!!

Welcome All

Finaly I have done it got my self license for Class 2 so I think will be time for class 1 soon, and now I’m having real problem getting my self a job because no experiance any one can advice my what I can do to help my self.

Thanks

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome malenki22 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

me to mate. i start my class 1 on monday. all i can say is keep plodding on at it. I will be asking local yards if they want a driver FOC for a couple of days. be it shunting or delivery, the main thing is to get that experience.remember its not forever. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

I think the only option I have now is go and ask people on skip yard etc. if I can come for free for maybe 2 days in the week so this would give me better understanding on each and every job, I know working for free is not the best option but at least could get little experiance. I got my self to agancy as Driver Mate from Sunday night maybe from there would be bit easy at least I will have some contact with local firms and maybe when they get to know me I could driver for them.

malenki22:
I think the only option I have now is go and ask people on skip yard etc. if I can come for free for maybe 2 days in the week so this would give me better understanding on each and every job, I know working for free is not the best option but at least could get little experiance. I got my self to agancy as Driver Mate from Sunday night maybe from there would be bit easy at least I will have some contact with local firms and maybe when they get to know me I could driver for them.

If you have a personnal contact you can use then give it a try but I think you will find that most companies are not interested for one reason or another from what I have gathered from other posts on this site…

It may come to the point where you put the licence in a drawer and come back to it in a year or two.
Look on it as an investment for the future - a bit like putting cash into a medium term saving plan.
You can always do a refresher training day if the licence is not used for a long time :bulb:

I’m guessing that LGV training schools will be doing many refresher training days in the future…

I just had job offer for class C but can’t start till I get my license back from DVLA, phone them and they saying it can take up to 3 weeks to get my license back and they waiting for DSA to send them my license is been a week now what do I do now■■?

malenki22:
I just had job offer for class C but can’t start till I get my license back from DVLA, phone them and they saying it can take up to 3 weeks to get my license back and they waiting for DSA to send them my license is been a week now what do I do now■■?

The majority of licences are sent back within 2 weeks according to others on this site who have been in the same situation.
How long for Licence back?

The company, with you sitting there beside them, can call DVLA to confirm your licence details.

coming from somebody whos bene int his position and still sorta is your just gonna have to ride it out and do what you can unless ur extremly lucky.

that’s the problem ROG DVLA don’t have my details for my class C yet, the DSA saying that the details about my test need to be send to DSA HQ and then from DSA HQ to DVLA witch can up to 3 weeks now and another week maybe for DVLA to procces this for me. I wish that I took the license and posted my self, just don’t understand when i was doing my car license 2 years ago got it back within 7 days no problem, I think my chances are very slim to getting to this job. :smiling_imp:

Why do you not just show them your pass certificate :question:

pete-b:
Why do you not just show them your pass certificate :question:

Employers need to see from the driver, or get from DVLA, the info on the licence - any points etc so the pass certificate is not enough.

If an employer/agency had recently seen the licence then it may be ok.

the info on the licence

Why not show the pass certificate for the Cat C entitlement AND get them to call DVLA who, with your permission, can give all the other details such as points. There’s nearly always a way round a problem if we look hard enough. All the best with it. :slight_smile:

I have done this but the problem is that DVLA need to still wait for DSA to confirme that I did pass my class C, pass certificat is not all that dvla need now, when you send documents to dvla you still have to wait for DSA to say that you have passed, what I can understand from this is just electronic proof from DSA that I passed it will only take few mints to do it and it take now 10 days and still nothing, they holding me from job right now and I’m not happy but there’s nothing I can do, DSA and DVLA saying it can take up to 3 weeks for the confirmation to be sent. :imp:

Have you always had a UK car licence :question:

Hi

Finaly phoned DVLA and they had confirmation from DSA so my license should be with me within 2 days now :grimacing: