Hungarian driver looking for first UK job

I’m an experienced Hungarian Class 1 driver. I moved to England in Nov.2010. Since then I can’t find a driving job because I haven’t got UK experience. Can anyone give me an advice about how to find a company at which previous UK experience is not a requirement? I’m ready to drive anything from cars, vans, 7.5 tons lorries…anything. Salary, shifts don’t matter either. I just want to find my first driving job. ANY driving job.

This thread could be interesting.

pass me some popcorn rob theres a good egg

as a uk driver with 10+ years on the job i’m struggling to find consisent work pal so join the queue fella its starts thata way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :wink:

edited for tipper fingers

Tom56:
I’m an experienced Hungarian Class 1 driver. I moved to England in Nov.2010. Since then I can’t find a driving job because I haven’t got UK experience. Can anyone give me an advice about how to find a company at which previous UK experience is not a requirement? I’m ready to drive anything from cars, vans, 7.5 tons lorries…anything. Salary, shifts don’t matter either. I just want to find my first driving job. ANY driving job.

Good luck mate, dont worry to much we have a good benefits system here in the uk, if you cant find work get ya self down the job center and fill in some forms and its all good from there,providing your not british anyway, they will also find you somewhere to live if that is also an issue.

On the other hand if you like driving cars Taxi firms are always looking for good drivers :wink:

also try looking for continental work where you already have experience.

There are a lot of UK new & experienced drivers looking for work & with at least 1 firm in this area already gone this year join the queue

Thanks, Rubberduck!

As for continental, ironically enough I’ve come to England to finally quit bloody international driving which makes a zombie out of you but is the only way to make some money in Hungary (about minimum wage here just to give you some clue).

Taxi sounds good but I’m afraid I don’t have too much chance to pass the taxi driver’s licence test without right hand drive experience and knowledge of the local streets. And of course it’s not for free. I’ve been considering it for the future but I don’t think it’s realistic right now.

What you wrote about benefits, somewhat confused me. Am I entitled to benefits for doing nothing? That doesn’t really make sense to me. In the last months I’ve been working for Sainsbury’s as a picker, during which period I’ve been sick for two weeks. Not a single penny has been given to me for those weeks! That didn’t give me the good impression of the British benefit system you suggest. And after all, I want to work not swindle. :wink:

Try this number for benefits

0845 608 8642 they may be able to help with some money & help you look for work

The other 1 is go & register with all the agencies in your area btw where are you in the UK :question: it may help some of us that is all

But it may be hard for you to get a job as has been said due to so many new & experienced driver already out there & firms closing like I said at least 1 in this area has gone this week with the possible of another from what some drivers have said

please tell me this is a wind up!!!
our country is in meltdown and tey the only people that get help is johnny foriegner that comes over, pays nothing and gets everything!!!
British jobs for British people, sorry but this is 1 topic that makes my blood boil.
Rant over

:grimacing:

Thanks, Animal!

I live in Waltham Cross.

Johnny Boy!

I might be slow but find it pretty incomprehensible how some of you englishmen can worry about decent european people coming here and steal your jobs but show no signs of worry regarding the colored mass coming and steal your country! O.K., that’s just a humble expression of wonder, I don’t want to open a political topic here.

you do make me laugh, colour has nothing to do it with it, your all the same mate.
im just waiting for jeramy beadle now lol, this has to be a wind up right!!!

:open_mouth:

Not wanting to moan Tom but isn’t there enough work on the continent, I mean Great Britain isn’t exactly a huge place?

Funnily enough, it looks fairly huge in that map. Spain, for example, is twice as large as Great Britain (194,883 as opposed to 88,745 sq ml) but unless my eyes are playing up again, it looks smaller.

if wot i just read that 2 out of every 3 jobs goes to a migrant worker. you got more chance than us pal

Hmmm. I can see both sides here. Tom. Put yourself in our shoes for a min. Let’s say for argument sake" In Hungary lorry drivers earned 3times as much as British drivers but there is a job shortage. Britain has just joined the EU and the Hungarian government is allowing thousands of British and other nationality imigrants in the country. You read in the papers about how many thousands of imigrants have come to your country to work and are finding jobs, yet you haven’t found one yet! When you do find a job and get an interview there is 6 British 2 Hungarian 3polish also going for the same job. You have a letter in the post to tell you you haven’t been successful in the job but 2nd the Brits and one poll did. " ( end of example )

So tom if you are getting a bit of a negative responce and wonder why, the scenario I have just given is probably a good reason why.

On the other hand. You cannot blame the people that come to Britain and why there are so Many is because the GOVERNMENT has failed to monitor it. put yourself in the scenario I gave above and ask yourself… Would you do the same thing■■?

That’s my piece said

I quite fancy the idea of an exchange. I could spend my time by the side of Balaton eyeing up those beautiful laydeez

Tom, you have a good command of the English language and I presume the 56 relates to the uprising and not your age or date of birth.

Try Rapidsped

You’re command of the English language is excellent Tom, a bit too good for a newly arrived Hungarian truck driver!