Another one looking for euro work

Im trying to get into euro work but my lack of experience is my downfall :cry: I have had my class1 for 12yrs and have 3 points for using a mobile :blush: :blush: :blush: I have done a run to southern spain,1 to southern france and paris but its not enough for employers :angry:
Im not bothered about being awat for a couple of weeks,not bothered where i got or what i do i just want to gain the eperience needed but its a visious circle,No experience nojob!!! No job no experience.
I have tried ray whites,s&k is a no no.
Im from gloucester and taveling a distance to work is not a great problem if im away :slight_smile:
Can anybody help■■?

s and k want 2 drivers. i spoke to them on thursday.
insight are looking for someone as well.

both crap money.

fatty01:
Im trying to get into euro work but my lack of experience is my downfall :cry:

No, the fact that you are not Bulgarian is your downfall.

Harry Monk:

fatty01:
Im trying to get into euro work but my lack of experience is my downfall :cry:

No, the fact that you are not Bulgarian is your downfall.

:confused: I no speak england :smiling_imp:

limeyphil:
s and k want 2 drivers. i spoke to them on thursday.
insight are looking for someone as well.

both crap money.

Went to see insight a while ago and they want you out for a month but the money was about £420 p/w nice people tho :wink:
S&K are not the best,A friend worked for them a while ago and could never be sure what he would get paid each week and your right it is crap money!

Lie. I got my first euro job by lying, it’s the only way to get on. Inflate those handful of euro runs into 2 or 3 years experience

switchlogic:
Lie. I got my first euro job by lying, it’s the only way to get on. Inflate those handful of euro runs into 2 or 3 years experience

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Im to honest to lie :laughing: :laughing: Think im going to have to resort to that sort of tactic :blush:

fatty01:

switchlogic:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Im to honest to lie :laughing: :laughing: Think im going to have to resort to that sort of tactic :blush:

Don’t lie, just exaggerate :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

fatty01:

switchlogic:

Well being a lorry driver exaggeration comes second nature :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

fatty01:

switchlogic:

went for a job years ago, only had C+E for 6 months. on agency walkers crisps mainly and bit of tescos and co-op

“you got C+E experience?”
yes (see above)
“driven in Europe?”
yes (drove in a car to Hungary and van to Germany )
“ok jobs yours!”
erm not done both :blush:

1st run to holland germany and france
just before xmas and the week before permits stopped.

luckily i wasnt stopped. :open_mouth:
was best job i had until GBE

a lot of companies doing european work want you to be away for 2 to 4 weeks, it’s the nature of the job.

leave insight alone they are a nightmare as Hombre will tell if he comes online, there was a member from here who came to live in spain last year, knitters was his username. he got a job with insight but they soon threw him aside when they didn’t need him, there’s no loyalty in that lot :imp:
as for S&K they are known as skint and knackered which should give you an idea of what its like to work for neil kidby :wink: :wink:
next time you ring somebody tell them you have experience of southern spain, france and paris, its not a lie is it? just don’t expand on how much experience you have :bulb:

Ontime Auto in Fenny Warwickshire (01295770040) take on temps for summer season repats (car breakdowns) from Europe. Sometimes keep a couple of drivers on permanent. Be aware though not all kit are spacecabs as they use open car transporters for summer months and stand them up in winter.

ossie:
Ontime Auto in Fenny Warwickshire (01295770040) take on temps for summer season repats (car breakdowns) from Europe. Sometimes keep a couple of drivers on permanent. Be aware though not all kit are spacecabs as they use open car transporters for summer months and stand them up in winter.

There is always Mortimers (Eat more Chips) in Melksham to gain experience only.Great kit to drive always helps when you are a newbie and have other things to concentrate on.Always looking for a driver.Wages poor now though.
■■■■ good company in the nineties. I had 12 happy years there and good money too.
How times change!

Good update :smiley: Im starting back with gilders on monday and doing export work for them as i only did uk when i was with them before :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

fatty01:
Good update :smiley: Im starting back with gilders on monday and doing export work for them as i only did uk when i was with them before :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Good lad, did you get any joy from those other two companies?

Wheel Nut:

fatty01:

Good lad, did you get any joy from those other two companies?

I didnt get chance to phone them
,I phoned ralph davis,charles russell then MLC then i phoned gilders and they said yes start monday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: They were going to be my next call but i thought id try right on my doorstep first and the best thing they are only 15 mins from home :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Peter,Edward,Graham or Joe Gilder? :blush:

toby1234abc:
Peter,Edward,Graham or Joe Gilder? :blush:

Sorry toby i missed your post :blush: Its Gordon gilder :grimacing:

Anyone got a pic of Insight Tnspt, ive done plenty of Euro but have never heard of 'em, (not that im after a job) just curious to who they are.