Hi I`m new here

Hi everybody on the forum.I`m new here.I start doingsome UK-Hungary runs soon with a Mercedes Sprinter 311 LWB 4.2 m HRoof Van.I just wonder if anyone can subcontract some european jobs in a future.Is it possible?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards to everyone on the forum.

LJMExecutiveCourier:
Hi everybody on the forum.I`m new here.I start doingsome UK-Hungary runs soon with a Mercedes Sprinter 311 LWB 4.2 m HRoof Van.I just wonder if anyone can subcontract some european jobs in a future.Is it possible?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards to everyone on the forum.

Have you tried Mike George on the COD Forum?

some operators might not take kindly to you trying to muscle in on lucrative work that normally goes on a truck with O licence and expensive road tax :unamused:

There’s quite a lot of work for vans from immigrants, if you are not on that already. Bikes, household appliances, baggage, barack palinka, goose livers, csipos paprika :slight_smile: check hungarian community websites, shops etc.

HomoFaber:
There’s quite a lot of work for vans from immigrants, if you are not on that already. Bikes, household appliances, baggage, barack palinka, goose livers, csipos paprika :slight_smile: check hungarian community websites, shops etc.

I`m hungarian-but i dont like to be called imigrant :imp: .Are you hungarian?Your hungarian writing is good:-)Can you give me what sites i have to check?Thanks for your info

What, exactly, is an ‘executive courier’? :confused:

It,s a smoothed up word to disguise that the job is ,one of Driving a white van :slight_smile:
just the same as when some one says I am in the International Logistics distribution
its a way of saying I work as a International Lorry Driver :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

brit pete:
It,s a smoothed up word to disguise that the job is ,one of Driving a white van :slight_smile:
just the same as when some one says I am in the International Logistics distribution
its a way of saying I work as a International Lorry Driver :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m just wondering what part of the operation is ‘executive’ though? Do the pallets and parcels get luxurious leather reclining seats to sit on, and a frilly curtain adorned tinted window to look out of as the miles fly by?

Rob K:
What, exactly, is an ‘executive courier’? :confused:

I reckon it is where the single pallet sits alone in the rear as anything else would put a High Roof LWB Sprinter will be overweight :laughing:

Rob K wrote:
What, exactly, is an ‘executive courier’?

I reckon its were the driver gets 2 compfy seats up front to sleep across, instead of a hard smelly bunk in the back :smiley:

LJMExecutiveCourier:
I`m hungarian-but i dont like to be called imigrant :imp: .Are you hungarian?Your hungarian writing is good:-)Can you give me what sites i have to check?Thanks for your info

I’m Slovak and I’m an immigrant in this country. That’s plain fact, like it or not (it was my free choice in the end, and yours probably too).
Anyway, I don’t know of any Hungarian community websites, but I’m pretty sure there are some just as there are Polish, Turkish, Chinese etc. Unless you Hungarians are just as badly organized as us Slovaks. Doubt it though, as I heard there are even Hungarian discos in London.
Job agencies, advice agencies, libraries, shops selling Hungarian food, every place Hungarians attend, make sure to put up a poster there.
Hungarian Delicatessen, seen a shop like that in London somewhere… There’s a co. that imports Hungarian foodstuffs, they’ve got online shop too, somewhere in Potters Bar or Barnet. Find them, leave there few business cards.
Introduce yourself to Trawoger, Transbritannia, CS Cargo, Waberer and whoever else does groupage/part loads UK-HU, they MAY from time to time have a small job to pass on.
Make yourself a website, even a simple one will help you to get contacts and jobs.
If you are willing to make a small detour via SK, then there can be some extra work for you - especially when your UK departure day will be different than Tuesday - every man-with-van-express-parcel-courier service I know of leave UK for SK on Tuesday.

One would think you’ve had these things well thought through before you started…